      Begin forwarded message:

      From: "Megan Hamilton" <megan@...>

      Hi Joby!

      We have an amazing artist coming who is from Uganda and we thought your Peace Corps vet crowd might dig him. We would be thrilled if you could spread the word on this to your crowd. We are happy to offer Peace Corps vets and friends of the Shriver Center our members discount on advance tixs! Just them mention Shriver Center when they call to charge.

      Hope you can come! Gonna be awesome! Kinobe sings in like three languages and makes all these amazing instruments!

      Bests!

      Megan

      Creative Alliance
      presents
      Kinobe & The African Sensation
      Fri May 4
      Singer-songwriter Kinobe (pr. chi-NO-bee) has been captivating audiences internationally since the age of ten with “some of the most exquisite music coming out of Africa today” (Zina Saro-Wiwa, BBC). He’s toured with the likes of Miriam Makeba, Ali Farka Toure, Youssou N’Dour, and Angelique Kidjo, and tonight performs his own compositions along with roots music from his native Uganda, sharing stories and songs on the kora (African harp), kalimba, tama, and an array of traditional instruments he’s crafted himself. Kinobe is joined onstage by his brothers Richard Sewagudde (percussion) and James Kiwuwa (adungu). 8pm. $16, $11 mbrs.
      Creative Alliance at The Patterson, 3134 Eastern Ave. Baltimore MD 410-428-6082

      Megan Hamilton   Program Director
      Creative Alliance  at  The Patterson
      3 1 3 4  Eastern  Ave  BALTIMORE
      Maryland                    21224-3963