445Tonite! Peace Corps Happy Hour & Chris Matthews

  • Joby Taylor
    Mar 8, 2012
      Here's a day-of reminder that Chris Matthews (RPCV Swaziland) will be speaking tonite about his JFK book...Happy Hour at Mick O-Sheas followed by his talk on Kennedy at the Enoch Pratt!    Details below...

      Hope to see you there!

      ~Joby Taylor

      P.S.  Nancy and Adam can you forward through your channels please!

      Chris Matthews, host of Hardball and RPCV Swaziland, is giving a free talk about his new book on JFK.  It coincides with Peace Corps week!

      RPCV and Friends of the Peace Corps Happy Hour at Mick O'Sheas Irish Pub from 5:30-7pm on Thursday March 8th.  (328 N. Charles Street, Baltimore MD 21201)

      ...then We'll walk over to the Enoch Pratt Free Library (Central Branch) for the 7:30 talk and book signing.

      Matthews will absolutely love having Peace Corps folks in the audience!

      Here's the event

      Events @ Pratt
      Author Chris Matthews

      Chris Matthews

      talks about his book, Jack Kennedy: Elusive Hero.

      Matthews Jack KennedyWhat was he like? Jack Kennedy said that the reason people read biographies was to answer that question. Chris Matthews has devoted years studying the life of Jack Kennedy. to find out what he was like. From interviews with prep school classmates and college friends to war buddies and political associates, Matthews gives us an intimate picture of John F. Kennedy's coming-of-age. "In searching for Jack Kennedy," writes Matthews, "I found a fighting prince never free from pain, never far from trouble, never accepting the world he found, never wanting to be his father's son. He was a far greater hero than he ever wished us to know."

      Chris Matthews is the host of MSNBC's Hardball and NBC's The Chris Matthews Show. His bestselling books include Hardball; Kennedy & Nixon; Now, Let Me Tell You What I Really Think; and American: Beyond Our Grandest        Notions.

      The Ivy Bookshop will be selling copies of the book at a booksigning following the program.
      Schedule: (click on the location to see map)