FAIRTAX Alert -- The Passing of the FairTax torch ceremony

  • fairtaxnow@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2010
      Congressman John Linder has been an dedicated sponsor and champion of the FairTax Bill since it was first introduced in 1999. With Congressman Linder's retirement he will pass the responsibility of FairTax sponsor to his former chief of staff now Congressman-Elect Rob Woodall who will be replacing Congressman Linder in the House.

      To mark this passing of the FairTax torch, Congressman Linder and Congressman-Elect Rob Woodall along with Congressman Price with be holding a live news conference on Thursday, Dec. 9 between 8-9 am in Washington, DC.

      The details are still being worked out so we do not know what space limitations, if any,there may be but we would like to have a good number of FairTax grassroots leadership and volunteers at this event.

      If it is possible for you to attend, please contact me to be added to the attendee list. This way we have some idea of the number of volunteers attending and you will be updated with the latest information in case of room change, etc.

      More details will follow soon.

      Questions? Just ask!
      Marilyn Rickert
      fairtaxnow@...
      Voice: 708-687-9412
      Cell: 708-227-8542
      Fax: 708-687-4718
    • Schaff Mark-C00070
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2010
        Marilyn, I cannot but I can try and see if Steve W will be able to get
        there? Would that be Ok?

        Mark
        Yes, that would be fine!

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 5, 2010
          Marilyn,

          Steve is tied up also.

          Is there anyone else from MD that can attend this event in DC on Dec. 9th? We sure could use a volunteer or two, or three!

          Thanks,
          Marilyn

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 5, 2010

            I would like to, BUT have medical appointment that day,  PLUS getting from Baltimore to Capitol Hill by 9 am would probably required departure close to 6 am, and then there is NO easy parking in the area.

            Steve Sass