Under the FairTax, all will pay their fair share.

  • Aaron Schutte
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30 11:32 AM
      FairTaxers,

      Because immigration is such a hot issue right now I thought I'd repost an email below that we sent out from Houston about a month ago. As a note, FairTax and FairTax Yahoo groups do not advocate one side or the other but we simply point out how the FairTax would affect immigration.

      If you did not get this email we probably don’t you listed as a supporter with an email so please sign the petition at http://db.fairtaxvolunteer.org/petition.php so you get the national updates we sent out almost once a week.

      Also be sure to email materials@... if you want to know what’s available to promote the FairTax like vinyl and magnetic bumper stickers, t-shirts, yard signs and the new DVD presentation.

      Thanks for all your work!

      Aaron Schutte
      Grassroots Special Projects
      FairTax.org
      800-324-7829 x9612
      832-533-9612 direct

       Find answers to FairTax questions at http://www.fairtax.org/research.html

      //

      Given the current debate on immigration laws, we have been asked repeatedly how the FairTax relates to this issue. The answer is that the FairTax will for the first time tax undocumented workers who now evade U.S. taxes. That is just one more reason to support the FairTax. Under the FairTax all residents contribute to the tax base, whether they are living in the U.S. legally or illegally.

      Under our current tax system, many non-citizens do not pay income and payroll taxes, even though they are here earning wages. They also may receive many benefits in the form of health care, education, roads, and much more. Under the FairTax, if someone is not a lawful resident but purchases goods or services for consumption here, not only do they pay the FairTax on each purchase, they are not eligible to receive a prebate to offset the taxes on their purchases up to the poverty level. In other words, they pay 100 percent of their sales tax, every time they buy. The only way to get a prebate and therefore not pay taxes on the purchase of essential goods and services is to become a legal resident.

      So in effect, the FairTax helps promote legal immigration by insuring that only lawful residents receive the prebate.

      The FairTax brings jobs back to America by allowing companies to operate on our soil tax free. Under the FairTax we will see an estimated 10 percent increase in GDP, more jobs, no one paying taxes up to poverty level consumption, an elimination of the payroll tax for all Americans, incentives for legal immigration, and the FairTax paid by every consumer.

      Thank you for all that you do,

      Right-click here to download pictures. To help protect your privacy, Outlook prevented automatic download of this picture from the Internet.
      Leo Linbeck
      Chairman/CEO
      Americans For Fair Taxation

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Dave Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2006
        The better understanding is that the FAIR TAX is a SOLUTION for illegal
        immigration for the reasons stated in your email.

        That is an excellent promotional line.

        David
        Gaithersburg, MD