Re: [mdfairtax] Digest Number 101

  • Nancy Miller
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
      FWIW, Dave, as a long-time Liberal and also a Fair Tax advocate, I see no
      discrepancy in either stance. Common sense and the necessity to assure the
      welfare of all our citizens, are best served by the Fair Tax plan. That is
      why we see so much cross-over on this issue. The overwhelming majority of my
      fellow Liberals with whom I've spoken about Fair Tax see the sense in it.
      Many of those have become proponents themselves. A few have wanted to borrow
      my book, but I have to draw the line somewhere! So I told them where to get
      their own copy. To be honest, I would identify myself as a left-leaning
      liberal Libertarian, but there's no convenient pigeon hole for such a
      creature!

      Namaste
      Nancy
      *************
      Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government
      owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To
      destroy this invisible government, to befoul the unholy alliance between
      corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship
      of the day"
      ~~ Theodore Roosevelt, April 19, 1906 ~~
      *************
      Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are
      putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.
      ~~Mark Twain~~

      From: "Dave Smith" <davesmith39@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 20:40:21 +0000
      From: "Dave Smith" <davesmith39@...>
      Subject: Re: POST ALERT - send your posts...

      Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I thought he would be a good
      ally in our quest for FAIR Tax, especially since he said he was a member of
      the Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce. I was thinking that the chamber
      would be a good place to give a briefing on the Fair Tax too. I tried to
      find him in the chamber listing but could not determine who he was.
      Montgomery Co. is a big liberal co. (at least politically, maybe not
      existentially though).

      That's all. David

      >From: Johnathan Steere <jsteere@...>
      >To: mdfairtax@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [mdfairtax] POST ALERT - send your posts...
      >Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 11:28:18 -0400
      >
      >I am in Maryland. I don't own a motorcycle though. What did you have in
      >mind?
      >
      >Johnathan Steere
      >
      >On Aug 24, 2005, at 4:58 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
      >
      >>I met an owner of a Harley Davidson Shop in my area, he was very excited
      >> about the FairTax, (actually he was more made at the current scene, all
      >>the
      >> extra cost HE and HIS BUSINESS were expected to do to 'comply' with
      >>their
      >> demands). Are you in Maryland?
      >>
      >> David
    • Dave Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
        Nancy,
        Wow, I had heard that such a creature could exist and would exist with the
        right conditions and environment, but I simply dismissed it as wild
        wacko-think rumors, boy, to think there could be Liberal supporters of the
        Fair Tax - stunning! but now this appears to be the case! I can say
        Hooray! There is hope! This FAIR TAX then is even BETTER then I first
        thought! I have heard it dis'd and dismissed as "unlikely" to be adopted as
        it would require constitutional amendment (Steve Forbes said that) also I
        think I heard Chris Wallace of FOX NEWS SUNDAY 'poo-poo' it too. This could
        be the stealth solution of the times, the universal bringer together-er
        kumbia action to get our nation back on track and on the same team - and for
        all the right reasons, its best for America and Americans! But you, then as
        our liberal, got to convince the Ted Kennedys, the Barney Franks, the Harry
        Reids and Boxers and even those outsiders but apparent leaders of public
        opinion on the outside, Jessie Jacksons, Sharptons, and even those
        Moveondotorges. So once I see THOSE kinds on board Ill believe, until
        then...? David