Re: Fwd: [mcknightdnagenealogy] McKnights in Clay County Illinois

  • Barb and Smitty
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 28, 2012

      Jim, I'm looking at it now.  I'm not sure I understand.  Does Smitty meet the requirements to join?  I looked at the haplotree page and it gives his "predicted" haplogroup and his "presumed" up to M269; all other numbers are in orange.  If we chose to test him, is there a specific name for the test so we don't test the wrong one?
      Thank you!  Since I'm clueless here and need guidance!
      barb

      Barb, I recommend that you join the L-21 project.

      Jim

    • Jim McKnight
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 28, 2012
        Barb, I assumed he was L-21 since he was so close to me. I'll go look at his results again.

        Jim

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 28, 2012
          Barb, You're right he's only been tested down to M269. A deep clade will take it out farther, but he should be L-21+. So, it should be cheaper to just test L-21 ($29). I'll let Gail comment on this, if she will.

          Jim

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 29, 2012
            I too would expect the outcome to be L21+  (I am assuming this is kit# 147037 about which you were writing)

            So, yes, go to your home page, Click on Order upgrade (in top right hand box), then to "Order Advanced..." and then scroll down until you find twig 4 (under branch P312) and click on L21 (orange) .
            This will populate the SNP box and then click on <Continue Order>.

            The alternative is to wait another couple of months and test with the new product which will give much better and deeper results than the current 'Deep Clade' test.

            Kind regards
            Gail Riddell