Re: [mc505] Re: Wobble Bass and recording.

  • Ken Dickinson
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 2, 2013

      OK.. Ive been messing with the settings and I can record the LFO change but I cant get it to sync with the Tempo.. SO I can record the LFO change but it isnt by the tempo. Even though I select the Temp Sync to ON.  I hate having to figure this stuff out by trial and error. But I guess its the only way I can learn how to do it. Not getting much input from you guys.

      Ken

      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 2, 2013
        Have you tried recording the knob twiddling into a DAW using Sysex messages? That's what I would try. It's been so long since I used the beast though.

        Cheers,
        Stefan
        --

        Stefan Schramm
        http://www.root-studio.com

        On Sep 2, 2013, at 10:41 PM, Ken Dickinson wrote:

        > OK.. Ive been messing with the settings and I can record the LFO change but I cant get it to sync with the Tempo.. SO I can record the LFO change but it isnt by the tempo. Even though I select the Temp Sync to ON. I hate having to figure this stuff out by trial and error. But I guess its the only way I can learn how to do it. Not getting much input from you guys.
        >
        > Ken

      • Ken Dickinson
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 4, 2013
          I saw a film for the 909 where they could do a machine gun effect. But I couldnt see what he was doing. Is it possible to do a Machine gun effect on the 505??

          Ken

        • Michael Bingaman
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 4, 2013
            Include the video? You mean like a roll basically?

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 5, 2013

              He explains it but I cant follow it.. The 909 is very different.

              Ken

              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 5, 2013
                And no, the 505 does not have a sample machine gun function, because it is not a sampler. You could just use the arp to roll a drum and turn up the arpeggiator speed. It would be more stepped but basically similar.