Midi software?

  • silexworm
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 25, 2013
      I'm wonderin what would be the best MIDI interface that integrates all the functions on the 505??
    • root studio
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 26, 2013
        hmm.. either i don't understand the question, or you don't. what
        exactly are you looking for?

        On Aug 26, 2013, at 2:54 AM, silexworm wrote:

        > I'm wonderin what would be the best MIDI interface that integrates
        > all the functions on the 505??

      • Ken Dickinson
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 26, 2013
          I was watching a youtube video who could control all the functions graphicaly on his computer thru some sound module.
          For example on the 505.. Messing with the Cut Off and Resonance using a graphic wave view.
          Something that visually displays all the different functions of the 505 and enables me to trigger or modify those functions.

          hmm.. either i don't understand the question, or you don't. what
          exactly are you looking for?

          On Aug 26, 2013, at 2:54 AM, silexworm wrote:

          > I'm wonderin what would be the best MIDI interface that integrates
          > all the functions on the 505??

        • Michael Bingaman
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 26, 2013
            Check the back of the manual for CC (control change) numbers. Pretty much anything with MIDI can do that.

            On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 11:52 AM, Ken Dickinson <silexworm@...> wrote:

            I was watching a youtube video who could control all the functions graphicaly on his computer thru some sound module.
            For example on the 505.. Messing with the Cut Off and Resonance using a graphic wave view.
            Something that visually displays all the different functions of the 505 and enables me to trigger or modify those functions.

            hmm.. either i don't understand the question, or you don't. what
            exactly are you looking for?

            On Aug 26, 2013, at 2:54 AM, silexworm wrote:

            > I'm wonderin what would be the best MIDI interface that integrates
            > all the functions on the 505??

          • Ken Dickinson
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 26, 2013
              Can you suggest any software? I want to be able to mess with effects and sound editing.. LFO work and so on.
              I saw a video where this guy adjusted his LFO rate thru the computer and graphicaly see it. Can I do that with the 505?

              hmm.. either i don't understand the question, or you don't. what exactly are you looking for? On Aug 26, 2013, at 2:54 AM, silexworm wrote: > I'm wonderin what would be the best MIDI interface that integrates > all the functions on the 505?? > > > > ------------------------------------ > > ___________________________________ > > <http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/mc505>
            • Michael Bingaman
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 26, 2013
                Oh wait, are you the guy who wanted to make a wobble bass on the 505? I don't know if I should tell you how to adjust the lfo rate :P

                j/k, it's CC16. See page 233 of the manual for the accessible parameters. You could send CCs with Ableton for example.

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 26, 2013
                  To do it graphically, you'd need custom software or perhaps it can be done with custom twiddling in something like Logic Pro's environment, not sure. Otherwise, as Michael pointed out, you just do it MIDI CC messages, and there are no special requirements for that.

                  Regards,
                  --

                  Stefan Schramm
                  http://www.root-studio.com

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 27, 2013
                    Yeah thats me.. I'm just wondering if I could do wobble bass thru as MIDI interface so I have MORE control over the LFO Rate. Like dragging and dropping a waveform like feature to adjust the LFO in more detail other than the seemingly random effects of what I have already figured out.

                    Ken

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 28, 2013
                      Hi 505-Guys,

                      i still have a 505 but since 2,5 years i don't produce music anymore.
                      So the gear is in the a box and the box in a dry & warm cellar.
                      The condition is very good 1-2 on a scale of five.
                      Everything is working, also the display, paper manual and all necessary cables also here.
                      I did a small and every time reverse-able mod, i mounted corner brackets for mounting it on a slant 19" rack like this:
                      This mod does´nt damage the case, just one additional screw and a hole, both on the back of the case.

                      It´s a pity that the nice gear is not in use, so before i put it to ebay i thought i ask this group.
                      (I know this is not a selling platform)

                      I can make pictures and will send worldwide if you take the shiping costs.
                      About the price...i looked at http://www.amazona.de/syntacheles
                      and the average price is 231.-eur
                      So 200.- excl. shiping costs would be fair and fine for me.
                      I stand for fair trade and the things i sell are like i want to buy things from other peoples!

                      So if anyone have interest, please send me a PM.

                      Thx, Alex