Re: [mc505] I has been awhile...so what you been up to?

  • Ricardo Manzo
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2011
      It is nice indeed that a few of the OGs remain. I moved to Houston, about a year ago (talk about culture shock....coming from Scottsdale AZ) so all my equipment is still in AZ in storage.

      Now that I remember, last thing I heard from Darren E...way way ago, was that he lived here.

      Are you guys still producing? Any MC 505 championships as of late?

      So now I have a question: While I get back to pick up my "studio" what would be a good MC 505 like to buy? I already have the MC 505/909 so another good pick up for the meanwhile will work.

      I hope you guys have a great and fun Friday...and it is good to see some Dinosaurs still roaming in the land of Fossils.

      I just re-purchased a mc5o5 a little bit ago. It's been fun re-learning it, though the seller did screw me by saying it had a perfect lcd, which of course it doesn't. Welcome back!

      Best,
      Scott - formerly known as klown

    • Erik Magrini

        I just re-purchased a mc5o5 a little bit ago. It's been fun re-learning it, though the seller did screw me by saying it had a perfect lcd, which of course it doesn't. Welcome back!

        Best,
        Scott - formerly known as klown

      • j_mc3
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 21, 2011
          Shockingly, I'm still around as well. (Although I haven't checked the list in years and years.) My 505, shamefully, was superceded by plugins and is now safely stored in a secure area in pristine condition, having hardly been touched since being bought.

          --- In mc505@yahoogroups.com, Erik Magrini <Tarekith@...> wrote:

          > Yep, still writing music all the time. Running my own mastering and mixing studio full time now too. Lots of info over at tarekith.com if anyone is truly that interested. Moved from Chicago to Seattle a couple years ago too.
          >
          > A good compliment to the mc505 might be the korg emx1, or if you can afford it, the Elektron monomachine.
          >
          > > It is nice indeed that a few of the OGs remain. I moved to Houston, about a year ago (talk about culture shock....coming from Scottsdale AZ) so all my equipment is still in AZ in storage.
          > >
          > > Now that I remember, last thing I heard from Darren E...way way ago, was that he lived here.
          > >
          > > Are you guys still producing? Any MC 505 championships as of late?
          > >
          > > So now I have a question: While I get back to pick up my "studio" what would be a good MC 505 like to buy? I already have the MC 505/909 so another good pick up for the meanwhile will work.
          > >
          > > I hope you guys have a great and fun Friday...and it is good to see some Dinosaurs still roaming in the land of Fossils.

        • Michel Redon
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 21, 2011

            Ach…
            the 505 !

            The flight 5 O five…

            Here has been one some years before 1998:

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSFnmSs9olw

            Otherwise here:

            OK….

            And btw I will also let u enjoy my last work here!
            If u are interested by nice things from Europa…
            Here u will find one from deep  (far?) west  of France!

            Sure…
            here:

            http://vimeo.com/25317547

            (I guess my nicest work since 1969!!!!)

            lol

            Music, camera, mounting & mixing, actor : Michel Redon (Lord Bugs II)
            Also featuring “Katia Imiolczyk”
            (My sweet wife!)

            Tell me what you think my old friends!
            thanks for visionning

            Michel.

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 21, 2011

              That’s here the Bugs one:

              (the best clip of my life might be…!)

              http://vimeo.com/25317547

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 9, 2012
                Well I am fully back.

                I drove from Houston to Phoenix just to pick up my studio (all hardware of course). A total of 36 hours on the road. F*ck! Texas is a huge boring state, holly crap! Thank God for Audiobooks, Hardcore Techno (like really hardcore gabba, thunderdome style) -to avoid running off the road, and for Vega Sport Acai Energy Drink!

                I spent about 2 weeks of leisure in Paradise (Scottsdale, land of the hottest 1% women in the nation and of the once thought extinct: the grotesque Roided-back Douchebag Ape...still in Affliction, Ed Hardy & VonDouche -all at once, regalia).

                Finally I am back and unpacked. The only casualty of war is my MC 505...the screen is gone! All the sounds, patterns and so on are there; I just don't know what is there. The MC 909 was making some weird schizophrenic light twitches and mind bending eerie sounds, but is up and running once again the renegade master. The JP 8k...like new; and so it is the rest of the Roland and Korg Clan...yeap! including my beloved VS 890 :)

                So I bought some Arrogant Bastards, Delirium Nocturnums, Adriaen Brouwers and some Dog in Heat and spent 12 hours just pretending to know what I was doing. I made some amazing, illuminating, world and life changing beats...just to turn on the machine today and go! "Damn! WTF is this????....Oh, no! I didn't!" erase, erase, erase..."are you sure?", the machine polity asked, "Oh! f@ck yes I am sure...", erase, erase, erase.

                But regardless it was a grand ol' time. And it feels good to be back at the bench of my humble Sonic Atelier.