Re-introducing

  • scottfedor@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 11, 2010
      Howdy all-

      Just wanted to drop a letter of introduction. My name is Scott and I was a member of this group back in the day when it was averaging 50 emails a day. I see my old email is still listed as a moderator actually.

      Anywho, I've been out of the music scene for a while, but I am finally am at a point where I can dip my toes back in. I've played with a wide range of music gear, but I always had the most fun with the 505, so I plan to re-buy one soon. Speaking of which, if anyone is selling theirs at a reasonable price...

      Looking forward to hearing some new 505 tunes!

      -s
    • Tarekith
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 12, 2010
        Howdy Klown, been a long time!

        --
        Tarekith
        http://tarekith.com
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 12, 2010
          Hey Erik, it has been a while! Good to see you're still keeping the ol' group running.

          What sort of music and gear are you playing with these days?

          Scott Fedor
          312.388.2566
          http://scottfedor.com/

          On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 5:04 AM, Tarekith <Tarekith@...> wrote:

          Howdy Klown, been a long time!

          On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 10:28 PM, scottfedor@... <fedor.scott@...> wrote:

          Howdy all-

          Just wanted to drop a letter of introduction. My name is Scott and I was a member of this group back in the day when it was averaging 50 emails a day. I see my old email is still listed as a moderator actually.

          Anywho, I've been out of the music scene for a while, but I am finally am at a point where I can dip my toes back in. I've played with a wide range of music gear, but I always had the most fun with the 505, so I plan to re-buy one soon. Speaking of which, if anyone is selling theirs at a reasonable price...

          Looking forward to hearing some new 505 tunes!

          -s

          --
          Tarekith
          http://tarekith.com

        • Bimbleweed franjypants
          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 12, 2010

            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 12, 2010
              Just picked up Traktor S4 for Djing, and sold my Virus TI2 for a
              Monomachine and possibly a used Blofeld. Currently using just the
              Machinedrum and Monomachine, and so far liking it a lot as a really
              powerful "groovebox".

              Otherwise been doing the mastering and mixdown thing full time here in
              Seattle, and making music as I have the time. Mostly downtempo still,
              though I occasionally do a breaks or more upbeat club tune still.

              On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 9:16 AM, Scott Fedor <fedor.scott@...> wrote:

              > Hey Erik, it has been a while! Good to see you're still keeping the ol' group running.
              >
              > What sort of music and gear are you playing with these days?
              >
              > Scott Fedor
              > 312.388.2566
              > http://scottfedor.com/

              Tarekith
              http://tarekith.com
            • scottfedor@ymail.com
              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 12, 2010
                That's great to hear that you've been able to transition to doing mixing & mastering full-time. Congrats man!

                On the Elektron front, I'm really curious about their upcoming Octatrack. My plan was to start getting into a Eurorack modular system built up slowly over time with the 5o5 handy for playability and jamming and a sampler for the mod. Looks like the Octatrack would be ideal for sampling the modular and being able to do some fun stuff with the sounds. That'll be a ways down the road though, for now it'll just be the 505.

                --- In mc505@yahoogroups.com, Tarekith <Tarekith@...> wrote:

                > Just picked up Traktor S4 for Djing, and sold my Virus TI2 for a
                > Monomachine and possibly a used Blofeld. Currently using just the
                > Machinedrum and Monomachine, and so far liking it a lot as a really
                > powerful "groovebox".
                >
                > Otherwise been doing the mastering and mixdown thing full time here in
                > Seattle, and making music as I have the time. Mostly downtempo still,
                > though I occasionally do a breaks or more upbeat club tune still.
                >

                > On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 9:16 AM, Scott Fedor <fedor.scott@...> wrote:
                >

                > > Hey Erik, it has been a while! Good to see you're still keeping the ol' group running.
                > >
                > > What sort of music and gear are you playing with these days?
                > >
                > > Scott Fedor
                > > 312.388.2566
                > > http://scottfedor.com/
                >
                > Tarekith
                > http://tarekith.com

              • Michel Redon
                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 13, 2010

                  I am very happy to see u guys still alive!

                  Hello Mr Klown!

                  THE man whose whom I never really exchanged…

                  The strange man…

                  But we were 2!

                  & some other ones…

                  BUT….

                  Erik is NOT crazy…

                  (may be I was the only one btw…)

                  &…..

                  What was the name (I can’t remember of the one who was writing crazy messages in loop………….?????)

                  OK…

                  You’re all now not very far (but still have to wait 5 or 7 years to have the age at the time where there had 50 mails a day….)

                  Yes… U’re not so far…

                  Do u begin to understand????

                  Haha!

                  I think still NOT really…. At this time of your life…

                  Anyway.. I’ll be 56 in some 11 days from now…

                  &….

                  I’m still crazy… & will never stop…!!!!!

                  (like would say Keith Richard…)

                  So….

                  I’m doing crazy things.. yes..

                  lol

                  Like this one:

                  http://vimeo.com/16758864

                  Or this one:

                  (more in your style u crazy guys…!) J

                  http://vimeo.com/16759697

                  Well…

                  A pleasure to see u guys…

                  It makes me remembering of my YOUTH!

                  I hope to write to the OLD MC505 community more in the “future”!!!!

                  Excuse bad English or American one

                  Michel Redon alias “Bugs” then “Lord Bugs II”

                  (be a friend on Facebook! Look for this exact name which is mine BTW! I got sunglasses and a hat…  lol..!)

                  Can u imagine you learned me what the “lol” meaned?

                  Google in the “Old pOStS”

                  And if u become a FRIEND…

                  you’ll have more from me on REVERBNATION!

                  http://wwww.reverbnation.com/lordbugsii

                  Dingue si… hihi…

                  trop fort la famille…

                  !!!!

                  (Go.. Johnny go… !)

                  That's great to hear that you've been able to transition to doing mixing & mastering full-time. Congrats man!

                  On the Elektron front, I'm really curious about their upcoming Octatrack. My plan was to start getting into a Eurorack modular system built up slowly over time with the 5o5 handy for playability and jamming and a sampler for the mod. Looks like the Octatrack would be ideal for sampling the modular and being able to do some fun stuff with the sounds. That'll be a ways down the road though, for now it'll just be the 505.

                  --- In mc505@yahoogroups.com, Tarekith <Tarekith@...> wrote:

                  > Just picked up Traktor S4 for Djing, and sold my Virus TI2 for a
                  > Monomachine and possibly a used Blofeld. Currently using just the
                  > Machinedrum and Monomachine, and so far liking it a lot as a really
                  > powerful "groovebox".
                  >
                  > Otherwise been doing the mastering and mixdown thing full time here in
                  > Seattle, and making music as I have the time. Mostly downtempo still,
                  > though I occasionally do a breaks or more upbeat club tune still.
                  >

                  > On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 9:16 AM, Scott Fedor <fedor.scott@...> wrote:
                  >

                  > > Hey Erik, it has been a while! Good to see you're still keeping the ol' group running.
                  > >
                  > > What sort of music and gear are you playing with these days?
                  > >
                  > > Scott Fedor
                  > > 312.388.2566
                  > > http://scottfedor.com/
                  >
                  > Tarekith
                  > http://tarekith.com

                • Tarekith
                  Message 8 of 18 , Nov 13, 2010
                    That's great to hear that you've been able to transition to doing
                    mixing & mastering full-time. Congrats man!

                    >>> Thanks. It's been a dream for awhile, nice to see it finally happening and being successful at it too.<<<

                    On the Elektron front, I'm really curious about their upcoming
                    Octatrack. My plan was to start getting into a Eurorack modular system
                    built up slowly over time with the 5o5 handy for playability and
                    jamming and a sampler for the mod. Looks like the Octatrack would be
                    ideal for sampling the modular and being able to do some fun stuff
                    with the sounds. That'll be a ways down the road though, for now it'll
                    just be the 505.

                    >>> It looks very cool so far, I'm thinking it can even replace Ableton for my live sets too. Very interested in how much they are going to price this at. <<<
                  • Tarekith

                      --
                      Tarekith
                      http://tarekith.com
                      Message 10 of 18 , Nov 13, 2010

                        Erik! J

                        Let’s do it 505 times everyday !

                        --
                        Tarekith
                        http://tarekith.com

                      • ram zing
                        Message 11 of 18 , Nov 15, 2010
                          Hello!

                          I was never much of a poster even back in the day, but it's good to hear from the group (new names and all!)
                          I sold the 505 a few years back to a friend who still uses it live occasionally. I eventually bought a jx305 but it's not the same! So many of us have moved on to software for our music production needs - I'm almost 100% software now (when I have the time).

                          Tarekith, I knew you moved back to Seattle a few years back and it's good to see you stayed in the music business and got your studio set up. I travel to Seattle occasionally, and would love to meet up the next time I'm there.

                          Bugs! Still going strong, I see.

                          (I don't think I knew Mr Klown's real name until now).

                          Wonder what norsez and disuye dan are up to.

                          - Ramesh

                          To: mc505@yahoogroups.com
                          From: michel.redon@...
                          Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 18:47:13 +0100
                          Subject: RE: [mc505] Re: Re-introducing

                          --
                          Tarekith
                          http://tarekith.com

                        • Ravi Ivan Sharma

                            From: michel.redon@...
                            Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 18:47:13 +0100

                            --
                            Tarekith
                            http://tarekith.com

                          • ram zing
                            Message 13 of 18 , Nov 15, 2010
                              Just saw the pics of your new rig over on noision.com. Very nice setup!
                              Obviously my comment on software for music production does not extend to live PA's.

                              - Ramesh

                              To: mc505@yahoogroups.com

                              From: michel.redon@...
                              Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 18:47:13 +0100

                              --
                              Tarekith
                              http://tarekith.com

                            • Ravi Ivan Sharma
                              Message 14 of 18 , Nov 15, 2010
                                My live PAs *are* my music production. 22 discrete tracks recorded into live while I perform plus all moves on ableton recorded as well. In studio production is software to mix and master (a daw) and other studio production using instruments not in that rig are also all hardware which mainly I am using to create samples for live use. I own spectrasonics software but have yet to use any of it in a recording. Given enough nice pieces of hardware I have never felt compelled to make, for example reaktor, which might be my next software choice, a part of the production in a studio. I mean between waldorf, elektron and DSI hardware, a vsynth and a wavestation, I would consider myself an idiot if I believed I needed more to be inspired or productive. The fact is that I am not that productive (other than playing live every few months) and I have learned that blowing a grand on a new thing doesn't change that or create time.

                                Spending money on of all things cables to make portability, setup and set-down easy actually has fueled my creative-ability and renewed love for music.

                                Ravi

                                To: mc505@yahoogroups.com

                                From: michel.redon@...
                                Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 18:47:13 +0100

                                Message 15 of 18 , Nov 15, 2010

                                  Hi Ramesh !

                                  I remember of you !

                                  That’s some “revival” that should have!

                                  lol!

                                  But do not forget “The Beatles”!

                                  Here:

                                  http://vimeo.com/16851776

                                  See u…

                                  From: michel.redon@...
                                  Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 18:47:13 +0100

                                  --
                                  Tarekith
                                  http://tarekith.com

                                • Scott Fedor
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Nov 15, 2010
                                    Bugs(2) - as a fellow black cat owner, I very much enjoyed "Don't kill that cat!" Awesome tune man! Shame we'd never get much money for those wiley kitties on ebay...

                                    Ramesh - I think my real name was some top secret project on the list for some reason. It was leaked accidentally one time after several years and it was quite the scandal :) Good to see your still rocking some music, but I don't think I can do soft-synths these days. Working long hours in front of a computer all day makes me want to go somewhere else for my relaxation hobby. If I was trying to actually make some music, I'd probably look that direction, but now a days I just want to chill for a few hours and make some noise.

                                    Ravi - Are you still doing the band thing or are your PAs now solo?

                                    Scott Fedor
                                    http://scottfedor.com/

                                  • Ravi Ivan Sharma

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Mar 7, 2011