Re: Hi I just Gotmy 505 on EBay, And of course I trying to determine how broke it is

  • biskitjj
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2007
      System reset could be Stardard. Sometimes I like to hear the
      creative of the former owner. I really did think of it, but I'm glad
      someone suggested it. It's been a while since I bought used gear that
      is meaty, likee the 505.

      -- In mc505@yahoogroups.com, Greg Schroeder <gmschroeder@...> wrote:

      > (scratches head)
      > Uh, isn't a system reset standard when you buy used gear?
      >
      > Greg Schroeder
      > gmschroeder@...
      > http://gmschroeder.wordpress.com
      >

      > On Jul 1, 2007, at 9:43 AM, Cara Quinn wrote:
      >
      > I must say, this is very cool! I had a 505 a few years back,
      and
      > have also just gotten another one as I'm needing it for a gig soon.
      >
      > I'm really happy to have one again, and am also psyched to see
      > that the list / community is still happening for this lovely lil
      > beastie!!! woohoo!... :)
      >
      > On the subject of system resets; I find this kind of funny, as
      > needed to do a system reset on this one when I got it, and
      ironically
      > enough, I also needed to do one on my first one that I'd also
      gotten
      > via mail! lol!
      >
      > What is it with receiving these in the mail that causes one to
      need
      > to reset the system each time?!!! lol!...
      >
      > Anyway, hope everyone is having an awesome weekend and happy
      grooving!!!

      > Smiles,
      >
      > Cara :)
      >
      > At 11:12 PM 6/29/2007 -0700, you wrote:
      >
      > > I'd also suggest a full system reset.
      > >
      > > Check the manual (it's in the files section of this group, if
      you
      > > didn't get one - check the FAQ too).
      > >
      > > Welcome to 505 life!

      Reverb ,
      > >> Deleay, Time, Evnelope sliders, every knob etc don't effect the
      sound
      > >> from the tracks at all, it only effects the chiclets pressed,
      And the
      > >> tap function works .
      > >>
      > >> It seem to MEgamix well, and the effect out effects the chiclets
      > >> pressed nothing happens in reverb or delay mode. I badly want
      > >> change
      > >> the sound! I am bad with manual due to a head injury, so Can any
      one
      > >> tell me how it is suppose to operate?

      > > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      > > 6/25/2007 5:32 PM
      > ---
      > View my on-line portfolio at:
      >
      > http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn
      >
      > "The only things I really think are important, are love, and
      each
      > other. -Then, anything is possible..."
      >
      > http://home.earthlink.net/~cara-quinn
      >
      > <13d6b598.jpg>
      > <13d6b5d4.jpg>

      > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      > 6/25/2007 5:32 PM

    • Cara Quinn
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2007
          Oh sure, but what I mean is that rather than wanting to do one, this was a case of *needing* to do one for each unit to work.

        My apologies for not being clear...

        Have a wonderful day!...

        Smiles,

        Cara

        At 03:05 PM 7/1/2007 +0900, you wrote:

        (scratches head)
        Uh, isn't a system reset standard when you buy used gear?

        Greg Schroeder
        gmschroeder@...
        http://gmschroeder.wordpress.com

        On Jul 1, 2007, at 9:43 AM, Cara Quinn wrote:

        I must say, this is very cool! I had a 505 a few years back, and
        have also just gotten another one as I'm needing it for a gig soon.

        I'm really happy to have one again, and am also psyched to see
        that the list / community is still happening for this lovely lil
        beastie!!! woohoo!... :)

        On the subject of system resets; I find this kind of funny, as I
        needed to do a system reset on this one when I got it, and ironically
        enough, I also needed to do one on my first one that I'd also gotten
        via mail! lol!

        What is it with receiving these in the mail that causes one to need
        to reset the system each time?!!! lol!...

        Anyway, hope everyone is having an awesome weekend and happy grooving!!!

        Smiles,

        Cara :)

        At 11:12 PM 6/29/2007 -0700, you wrote:

        > I'd also suggest a full system reset.
        >
        > Check the manual (it's in the files section of this group, if you
        > didn't get one - check the FAQ too).
        >
        > Welcome to 505 life!

        ---
        View my on-line portfolio at:

        http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn

        "The only things I really think are important, are love, and each
        other. -Then, anything is possible..."

        http://home.earthlink.net/~cara-quinn

        <13d6b598.jpg>
        <13d6b5d4.jpg>

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        6/25/2007 5:32 PM

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.

        ---
          View my on-line portfolio at:

        http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn

          "The only things I really think are important, are love, and each other.  -Then, anything is possible..."

        http://home.earthlink.net/~cara-quinn

      • Ricardo Manzo
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 3, 2007
          I have just finished a Spansih poetry book. One of the poems there is a semifinalist in Spain and will be published in some Antology in August. If you read Spanish let me know your email and I will send you a free copy =) (how nice of me)

          Music wise I am finishing my electroclash/synthpop/techno/electrohop/acid album. I tought I was done but damn my recording studio hit a major issue so I had to get new gear, and then i started questioning some songs....etc

          well have a happy 4th

          dj gorgeous aka Mesie Rufo Santa Rosa