Re: Repairs.

  • gregjutsushi
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
      Regarding the Reso pot, mine is knackered too but ive worked round
      the problem by using the DBeam controller to set the reso, then
      tweak the cutoff.

      I had to solder a couple of the pots. The seatings didnt stress the
      PCB too much as the PCB is well supported. The solder obviously gave
      out far in advance of any damage to the PCB. There is no reason why
      the same wouldnt apply to the one you are looking at.

      Genjutsushi, UK

      --- In mc505@yahoogroups.com, "Bob S." <tttsystems@...> wrote:

      > Probably wouldn't pay more than $100 for it.....display will cost
      you at least $50, those pots seem typical from some of the ones I've
      seen on EBay, you may want to replace them and there may be broken
      solder joints where they connect to the board...repairable but if
      you are going to have someone else do the work for a fee, you are
      probably at the cost of a working MC-505, minus the shipping to
      Korea....

      > If you are in the US military service, it doesn't cost that much
      to ship a better condition unit to Korea via an APO address.....if
      he sells you the damaged unit for $50, you got something to tinker
      with and not that much loss if it doesn't work out.....

      > Bob
      > El Segundo, CA

      Seoul.
      > The guy wants $150 for it. I could probably get him down farther.
      > The seller got a preset to run.
      > All buttons and the scroll wheel feel good.
      >
      > Otherwise, the LCD doesn't work at all, and some pots and faders
      will
      > need attention. Some are very, very loose, particularly the top
      right.

      > I'm worried about how loose the pots are. In particular, the
      resonance
      > pot feels more wobbly than any knob I've touched in 9 years of
      guitar
      > playing.
      > How likely is it that strain damaged the PCB?
      >
      > What else should I look for?
      >
      > So procedure here is . . .
      > -Order the LCD
      > -Take the LCD and MC-505 to repair guy?
      >
      > What else should I look for?
      > This will be my first piece of non-guitar music hardware, so I am
      > clueless.

    • Daryl Fougnie
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
        Hi,

        I was listening to some dj mixes posted (mainly by Tarekith) and decided that he, and perhaps also a few others, would be interested in something I did this year.  I noticed that he was heavily into adding thievery corporation songs into his mixes.  Recently, I remixed Lebanese Blonde, by incorporating the theme music for the good, the bad, and the ugly.  I think its pretty good and worth a listen, and of course, feel free to use it in dj sets with appropriate credit.

        It can be downloaded here: http://people.vanderbilt.edu/~daryl.l.fougnie/
        (top link)

        Sorry if this is spam to some, but of course, I'd love to dl and listen to some of your music!  Why make music in a vacuum.

        ok back I go to pulling my hair out with Live and Novation SL.

        in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.
      • Tarekith
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
          Kinda spooky with the vocal samples all quiet like that in the
          background. :) Interesting remix, I never would have expected those
          two to go together.

          I actually did an entire mix with nothing BUT Theivery Corporation
          tunes in it :)

          http://tarekith.com/mp3s/ThieveryCorpDJSet.zip

          --
          Tarekith