Question about syncing MC505

  • djbignose
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2006
      Hi, I'm new to this list, and a new owner of a used MC505.

      I haven't been able to sync my MC to Cubase when rec is enabled on the
      MC, with the following setup

      Cubase-MPC2k-MC505

      ie. slaving the MPC2k and MC505 to cubase. If I enable rec on the MC
      and slave it to the MPC, it works fine. If I PLAY the MC via the mpc
      using the PC as master, that too syncs fine.

      However if I enable rec on the MC, and try to slave it to Cubase, it
      can't sync (it plays at the correct tempo but does not start at the
      right time, so it is consistently a bit late/early). I have tried
      turning off and on preroll on Cubase and turning off the count on the MC.

      Has anyone got any ideas?

      Thanks DJBIGNOSE