Re: Urgent consultation Roland MC-505

  • eporollete
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2004
      From: drK <drk@d...>
      Date: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:43 am
      Subject: Re: [mc505] Urgent consultation Roland MC-505

      > The only thing that you
      > cannot do though is access individual patterns or patches within
      > these
      > files as Roland has never seen fit to publish the file formats.

      Temblorx wants me to ask you about some problems he's having with
      the SmartMedia and the FlashPath. Below is the original message in
      Spanish (José?).

      He's been saving some patterns to the card, and now he's trying to
      copy the card's content to the PC. Once the card is inserted in the
      FlashPath, he tries to copy the Roland folder, but then a message
      appears twice:

      338 can't be copied: Drive or file of origin can't be read

      From the 606 MVD files in the card, only two files, number 338 and
      319, show that error. He wants to know if there will be only 2
      patterns corrupted, and the rest will be OK.

      Thanx!

      Epo

      Me acavo de poner por primera ves a volcar la SM al pc y luego
      cargarla del pc a la SM y cuando traspaso la carpeta Rolad para
      copiarla en mi PC sale este mensaje dos veces:

      No se puede copiar 338 :No se Puede leer del disco o archivo de
      origen

      tanto el 338 y el 319 te dan error de los 606 archivos MVD copio
      todos menos estos dos ,,,,supungo que por dos nada mas no pasara
      nada no?

      Que sera?
      Te ha pasado alguna vez?

      Estoy rayado que hago?

      si sabes ingles ponlo en lo de yahoo 505 haber ke te dicen

      echame un cable tio

      todavia no le he sacado partido esto,hoy es la primera ves que me
      pongo en serio tio y me sale esto

      ayuda
    • drK
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2004
        That would be my guess. The question though is why is the SM showing
        read errors. If he still has the same contents stored in the MC505 he
        should try to do a new backup (best to a different SM) and see if
        problems remain. Corruption such as this should not be expected. It
        suggests something is wrong, like a bad SM card, bad FlashPath, etc.

        One thing to considered about the FlashPath is that it requires a
        battery to operate. It might be that the battery has simply gotten
        close to end of life and that is causing the errors.

        drK

        On Oct 1, 2004, at 7:59 AM, eporollete wrote:

        > From: drK <drk@d...>
        > Date: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:43 am
        > Subject: Re: [mc505] Urgent consultation Roland MC-505
        >
        >> The only thing that you
        >> cannot do though is access individual patterns or patches within
        >> these
        >> files as Roland has never seen fit to publish the file formats.
        >
        > Temblorx wants me to ask you about some problems he's having with
        > the SmartMedia and the FlashPath. Below is the original message in
        > Spanish (José?).
        >
        > He's been saving some patterns to the card, and now he's trying to
        > copy the card's content to the PC. Once the card is inserted in the
        > FlashPath, he tries to copy the Roland folder, but then a message
        > appears twice:
        >
        > 338 can't be copied: Drive or file of origin can't be read
        >
        > From the 606 MVD files in the card, only two files, number 338 and
        > 319, show that error. He wants to know if there will be only 2
        > patterns corrupted, and the rest will be OK.
        >
        > Thanx!
        >
        > Epo
        >
        > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
        >
        > Me acavo de poner por primera ves a volcar la SM al pc y luego
        > cargarla del pc a la SM y cuando traspaso la carpeta Rolad para
        > copiarla en mi PC sale este mensaje dos veces:
        >
        > No se puede copiar 338 :No se Puede leer del disco o archivo de
        > origen
        >
        > tanto el 338 y el 319 te dan error de los 606 archivos MVD copio
        > todos menos estos dos ,,,,supungo que por dos nada mas no pasara
        > nada no?
        >
        > Que sera?
        > Te ha pasado alguna vez?
        >
        > Estoy rayado que hago?
        >
        > si sabes ingles ponlo en lo de yahoo 505 haber ke te dicen
        >
        > echame un cable tio
        >
        > todavia no le he sacado partido esto,hoy es la primera ves que me
        > pongo en serio tio y me sale esto
        >
        > ayuda
      • José Sáez
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2004
          The translation is accurate. That's the problem, but i don't know if there
          is a solution. I have used the flaspath adapter and never had that problem.

          Some ideas spring to my mind:

          1) The files may be corrupt (it can happen). Solution: copy the card to
          another card using the MC-505 for that. That should work if you have another
          card. Then copy it to the PC.

          2) The flashpath batteries are low. Try changing the batteries to see if
          that improves data reading.

          Hope this helps,
          Jose

          I'm NOT going to fix your computer.
          > cannot do though is access individual patterns or patches within
          > these
          > files as Roland has never seen fit to publish the file formats.

          Temblorx wants me to ask you about some problems he's having with
          the SmartMedia and the FlashPath. Below is the original message in
          Spanish (José?).

          He's been saving some patterns to the card, and now he's trying to
          copy the card's content to the PC. Once the card is inserted in the
          FlashPath, he tries to copy the Roland folder, but then a message
          appears twice:

          338 can't be copied: Drive or file of origin can't be read

          From the 606 MVD files in the card, only two files, number 338 and