Re: OT: K-Station info needed

  • greg spicer
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1 1:47 AM
      wtf? you dont like the bass station?!?!

      i dunno which one i prefer even though the bass station is
      essentially very stripped down in comparison- still one of the best
      synths for leads....imo

      greg

      > (Much better than the old Bass Station I have, will pass that onto
      my
      > son for a toy now . . . . .)
      >
      > Russ
    • Russell Thomas
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1 2:08 AM

        It’s not that I don’t like it, you can get great leads (as you said) as well as good bass and atmospherics though it needs to be run through external gear as it’s a little weak on it’s own.

        The best thing about it is that it runs on batteries!

        I bought it second hand and it traveled around with me the last two years, everytime I went away for work, I had the trusty Bass Station in my bag.

        Great for use on long-haul flights.

        My only complaint is that it isn’t too robust and feels like a cheap toy in comparison to the K-Station, though it is light!

        It’s had a few knocks and the knob resolution is a bit sketchy and the switches are a bit hit and miss on it these days, so it’s into the cupboard and stored for my son’s first rack/key stand of gear.

        Going back to a thread we had earlier in the year about kids and music, I’ll give it to him as a “my first VA” along with a synthesis book and let him learn early (Like I wish I had!)

        He’s cutting around the house with his Rap Master, going nuts with the Vocoder now so it won’t be long before he’s tweaking cutoff and res.

        Russ

        i dunno which one i prefer  even though the bass station is
        essentially very stripped down in comparison- still one of the best
        synths for leads....imo

        greg

        > (Much better than the old Bass Station I have, will pass that onto
        my
        > son for a toy now . . . . .)

        > Russ

      • greg spicer
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1 2:53 AM
          thats definitly a good idea and present i wish my dad bought for me
          (although i might still skank my uncles M1)

          it is a great beast- i have the rack version so no batteries for me
          but i love the immediacy of it- little use of menus and that- i love
          going nuts with the knobs, recording the result and then snipping out
          tiny sections to loop- then go nuts with the knobs ~(albeit slower)
          to get totally tripped out modulations- need some delay so hear you
          about external processing-

          it definitly needs eq and i always found it benefiteed fom comp, mine
          was permantly hardwired into a meek vc3, and then a big muff-

          i also use it to show people how to synthesize (like me dad) so think
          it will be perfect to get the little tyke twiddling.....

          greg

          --- In mc505@yahoogroups.com, "Russell Thomas" <russellthomas@r...>