Re: Kaza experiences

  • raam_kurup
    Message 1 of 23 , May 1, 2003
      Almost exactly what I did! And it wasn't easy finding that album in
      record stores (no one seems to have it anymore). Finally found the
      wider angle set online. Good music sells itself!

      --- In mc505@yahoogroups.com, "Jose" <taliesin@t...> wrote:
      > I bought Hybrid's Wide Angle CD after realizing that every song i
      downloaded was great. I had to have it.
    • srw_98
      Message 2 of 23 , May 1, 2003
        Well I hate most pop music anyway. last cd i bought was ak1200 and
        The Streets. I had almost the whole Streets album from kazza but some
        were low quality or didnt have the whole tune. but i really liked it.
        So when i saw it in the record store i had to get it. I just wish
        more DNB labels would come out with cds..since thats what i listen to
        mostly. At least like a year end cd of big tunes and tunes that didnt
        make it to vinyl, the ones that sat on dub and never got pressed.

        Chiba
      • Holohedron
        Message 3 of 23 , May 1, 2003
          I've bought one CD in the past 5 years.
          everything else is either downloaded or on vinyl.

          srw_98 wrote:

          > Well I hate most pop music anyway. last cd i bought was ak1200 and
          > The Streets. I had almost the whole Streets album from kazza but some
          > were low quality or didnt have the whole tune. but i really liked it.
          > So when i saw it in the record store i had to get it. I just wish
          > more DNB labels would come out with cds..since thats what i listen to
          > mostly. At least like a year end cd of big tunes and tunes that didnt
          > make it to vinyl, the ones that sat on dub and never got pressed.
          >
          > Chiba

        • cyril_sorongon
          Message 4 of 23 , May 1, 2003
            --- In mc505@yahoogroups.com, "Jose" <taliesin@t...> wrote:
            > Mmmmh, i've found that with Kazaa i've bought less CDs that are
            good only for just one song. (Example, it's fine to hear every once
            in a while certain Backstreet Boys song. No more than once in a
            year, just for the nostalgia). However, i've expanded my music
            taste, and now i find myself buying albums from artists i never
            heard before.

            > I bought Hybrid's Wide Angle CD after realizing that every song i
            downloaded was great. I had to have it.

            > Also i'm a big Pet Shop Boys fan, and i have almost every album
            released by them. I'm very loyal as a fan, but the only way i had to
            find the Relentless CD was only in Kazaa. It's not for sale
            anywhere !!! And i think it's a great CD, but it was going to waste
            because it was a limited edition.

            > Jose

            Jose,

            yeah that's the thing. P2P actually helps (in a way) get the music
            to people with no access to it. I've bought CDs as well just because
            I heard good stuff from the artists just as with happened with you.

            That's one of the actual issues surrounding piracy. It was brought
            up that the people (or some) wouldn't actually go downloading off
            the net if they found it in their record shops.

            It's really a bit of a gray area...

            As an artist, I understand some big names bitchin about how mp3s are
            killin their business and using "how can they continue makin music?"
            as an excuse (as if they'll stop right?).

            But it's already there and somehow we have to embrace that
            technology and find ways for it to work for us.

            In my country electronic records are hard to come by and the net is
            the only resource available.

            cyril
          • Dj Gorgeous
            Message 5 of 23 , May 1, 2003

              Holo wrote: "I've bought one CD in the past 5 years. Everything else is either downloaded or on vinyl." which got me thinking. I continue to acquire cd's every now and then as well as vinyl, yet i tend to download a lot, basically like everyone else the songs that i like out of a below par cd or old, rare, international songs that would be quite pricey to purchase by it's own. We all are - I think, aspiring artists of some sort for whatever reasons and motives. Say that with your natural given talents, your hard work and the knowledge gathered from this group (a serious fountain of wisdom) you get the privilege to make a living out of your music. I think is obvious where i am going...so, how will you prepare your self from the reality seeing some of your own income being compromised by "illegal" downloads? I get very annoyed when I see what used to be underground acts (Metallica to name one)that made it big and now bitch about loosing Millions of dollars every year....yet what about if it was me....I invite people now to listen and download my stuff, yet if i was making a living out of it what would i do?....would i become a mirror image of the detestable monster that i abhor?....Hopefully not, but i can't answer it now...just prepare myself for the inevitable, if such blessing becomes concrete.

              DjG

              listen to our tunes at http://theorder.iuma.com

              Do you Yahoo!?
            • Holohedron
              Message 6 of 23 , May 1, 2003
                There will always be a demand for vinyl.

                even though there are CDJs, most vinyl DJs will tell you it's not the same at all.

                so until home vinyl presses become widespread, it's kind of irrelevant.

                Message 7 of 23 , May 1, 2003
                  right...i was just referring to cds only

                  DjG

                  Dj Gorgeous wrote:

                  > > "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
                  >
                  > Holo wrote: "I've bought one CD in the past 5 years.
                  > Everything else is either downloaded or on vinyl." which got
                  > me thinking. I continue to acquire cd's every now and then
                  > as well as vinyl, yet i tend to download a lot, basically
                  > like everyone else the songs that i like out of a below par
                  > cd or old, rare, international songs that would be quite
                  > pricey to purchase by it's own. We all are - I think,
                  > aspiring artists of some sort for whatever reasons and
                  > motives. Say that with your natural given talents, your hard
                  > work and the knowledge gathered from this group (a serious
                  > fountain of wisdom) you get the privilege to make a living
                  > out of your music. I think is obvious where i am going...so,
                  > how will you prepare your self from the reality seeing some
                  > of your own income being compromised by "illegal" downloads?
                  > I get very annoyed when I see what used to be underground
                  > acts (Metallica to name one)that made it big and now bitch
                  > about loosing Millions of dollars every year....yet what
                  > about if it was me....I invite people now to listen and
                  > download my stuff, yet if i was making a living out of it
                  > what would i do?....would i become a mirror image of the
                  > detestable monster that i abhor?....Hopefully not, but i
                  > can't answer it now...just prepare myself for the
                  > inevitable, if such blessing becomes concrete.
                  >
                  > DjG
                  >
                  > listen to our tunes at http://theorder.iuma.com

                  > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  DjG

                  listen to our tunes at http://theorder.iuma.com

                  Do you Yahoo!?

                • Jose
                  Message 8 of 23 , May 1, 2003

                    (Metallica to name one)that made it big and now bitch about loosing Millions of dollars every year....

                    Just to argue, Metallica is losing millions every year because they suck. They had their fifteen minutes, they didn't find a way to renew theirselves, they are going down. They suck nowadays.

                    If it comes to that, i'm losing millions every year because no one has signed me yet. What i'm going to do ? Sue the record companies ?

                    Jose
                  • Tomonori Matsumura
                    Message 9 of 23 , May 1, 2003
                      My way of getting "best" records.

                      1. Buy compilation album of your favorite gerne (me, trance and minimal)
                      2. List up the tracks you really want
                      3. Log on internet auction and find the person who selling those
                      4. Pay double price of retail for them (sometimes only 10% higher), then they would be sent your place!

                      This is the best way I can think of these days.  Actually it is hard to find the best at record shop by only listening once or twice through headphone IMO.  If you came to pay double to what you want, better than buy 3 of other records that you don't like much together.

                      Tomonori

                      srw_98 wrote:

                      > Well I hate most pop music anyway. last cd i bought was ak1200 and
                      > The Streets. I had almost the whole Streets album from kazza but some
                      > were low quality or didnt have the whole tune. but i really liked it.
                      > So when i saw it in the record store i had to get it.  I just wish
                      > more DNB labels would come out with cds..since thats what i listen to
                      > mostly. At least like a year end cd of big tunes and tunes that didnt
                      > make it to vinyl, the ones that sat on dub and never got pressed.
                      >
                      > Chiba

                    • Tomonori Matsumura
                      Message 10 of 23 , May 1, 2003
                        CDJs are easier to learn IMO...  I'm still strugling matching beats every night.

                        Tomonori

                        Message 11 of 23 , May 2, 2003
                          Here's a good tip-

                          Don't worry about the record that's already spinning.
                          Focus on the record coming in and NEVER take your hand
                          off the pitch control when doing so.

                          After some practice you will learn how to tell if it
                          needs to be sped up or slowed down.
                          Also cut the bass on the incoming record and learn how
                          to mix it in. EQ is just as important.

                          I have never owned tables and I can beat match/mix to
                          a T because I took the advice I just told you.
                          Having DJ friends helps also.

                          --- Tomonori Matsumura <iz58291@...>

                          =====

                          Darren E
                          http://search.yahoo.com
                        • Tomonori Matsumura
                          Message 12 of 23 , May 2, 2003
                            I'm rather worried about my production time is reaching to zero recently!  Having logic 6 installed to G4 but don't use much...

                            Tomonori

                            wrote:
                            > CDJs are easier to learn IMO...  I'm still strugling
                            > matching beats every
                            > night.
                            >
                            > Tomonori

                            =====

                            Darren E
                            http://search.yahoo.com

                          • Darren E
                            Message 13 of 23 , May 2, 2003
                              Yours??
                              I'm in the same boat as you...Although I *CAN'T* make
                              tracks right now since it's official- my sound card
                              does not work with my motherboard.

                              So until I get my new board, it's e-mail only time.

                              wrote:
                              > I'm rather worried about my production time is
                              > reaching to zero recently!
                              > Having logic 6 installed to G4 but don't use much...
                              >

                              > Tomonori

                              =====

                              Darren E
                              http://search.yahoo.com