Goa-like kick

  • naan
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 17, 1998
      Any tip for makin' this kind of kick ?
    • Georg Conrads
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 13, 2000
        All you need is a filter with self oscillating resonance. ;-)

        Turn resonance to maximum and set the filter envelope to a very short decay
        time.
        Sorry, it can�t be done on the 505. You�ll need an (virtual) analog
        synth.

        Ciao,
        Georg

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 13, 2000
          >Turn resonance to maximum and set the filter envelope to a very short
          > >decay time. Sorry, it can�t be done on the 505. You�ll need an >(virtual)
          >analog synth.

          Why can't that be done on the 5o5? You most definetly could max the rez and
          have a very short decay time... Please elaborate for me.

          {mr}klown
          *Who doesn't need a goa kick, but is curious what one is like...*

          * http://www.mp3.com/deadgirlgoodgirl *
          * http://www.mp3.com/mrklown *

        • John D. Hume
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 13, 2000
            The 505's filters won't self-oscillate. I don't understand that
            phenomenon, but I know I can't make it happen. If anyone can explain
            it, I'd love to hear it.
            -john.
            ICQ: 2970748
            www.mp3.com/DuelinMarkers

            > Why can't that be done on the 5o5? You most definetly could max the
            rez and
            > have a very short decay time... Please elaborate for me.

          • JMC
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 13, 2000
              Don't deny it! On 13 Feb 00, at 16:50, John D. Hume wrote:

              > The 505's filters won't self-oscillate. I don't understand that
              > phenomenon, but I know I can't make it happen. If anyone can explain
              > it, I'd love to hear it. -john. ICQ: 2970748 www.mp3.com/DuelinMarkers

              Yes they will. (I swear I've made them do it)