list-o-rama

  • nefarium@xxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 10, 1999
      I am on the other HUGE 505 list, but find that the average BS ratio is waaaaaay
      too high for me to keep up with. I was thinking of starting my own "moderated"
      list on onelist, but found that this smaller one already existed. It may not be moderated,
      but at least it doesn't have 50-100 messages a day.

      Hopefully this one will be better and I can unsub from the other one.
      -Chris
    • Loren
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 10, 1999
        Hehe the big one is moving here. PREPARE TO BE ASSIMILATED.

      • CxBrix@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 10, 1999
          This list has been dead for quite sum time.
          Though the big list is being moved over to Onelist within the next week or so
        • Nefarium
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 10, 1999
            Nooooooo, say it isn't so. Well, in that case - I'm gonna start a limited/moderated list that
            will be a much lower signal/noise ratio.
            hehe.
            -Chris

            Loren wrote:

            > From: Loren <loren@...>
            >
            > Hehe the big one is moving here. PREPARE TO BE ASSIMILATED.
            >
            > nefarium@... wrote:
            >
            > > From: nefarium@...
            > >
            > > I am on the other HUGE 505 list, but find that the average BS ratio is waaaaaay
            > > too high for me to keep up with. I was thinking of starting my own "moderated"
            > > list on onelist, but found that this smaller one already existed. It may not be moderated,
            > > but at least it doesn't have 50-100 messages a day.
            > >
            > > Hopefully this one will be better and I can unsub from the other one.
            > > -Chris

          • patrickdarryl
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 15, 2002
              --- In mc505@y..., nefarium@... wrote:
              > I am on the other HUGE 505 list, but find that the average BS ratio
              is waaaaaay
              > too high for me to keep up with. I was thinking of starting my
              own "moderated"
              > list on onelist, but found that this smaller one already existed.
              It may not be moderated,
              > but at least it doesn't have 50-100 messages a day.
              >
              > Hopefully this one will be better and I can unsub from the other
              one.
              > -Chris

              Hahahahahahhaha
            • Ravi Ivan Sharma
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 15, 2002
                That post is a classic from history.

                I remember this time as a cool time where the old BaronQ listserve went down and many of us were rafting together as the reality of the what cyberspace was was just beginning to make itself a permanent fixture in our world--multi cc'ing each other on huge "reply to all" emails until we landed on the old onelist to the hopeless chagrin of Nefarium. Did he ban himsef? To be fair, he co-runs a large list dedicated to the ASR-X; but that list, like so many others, tends to stay on topic, not like the MC-505 list, so he doesn't get to throw his weight around. If there is a an on topic MC-505 list I don't know of it. And this list is one of the largest lists on yahoogroups for an instrument, beat hands down only by lists like the Emagic Logic lists--not too small! Such is a testement to the unique anarchist quality of the MC-505 itself. The MC-505 is so anarchic that it doesn't even require allegiance to itself. Not a synth of the past or present, but instead a path to the future--inspirer, teacher. Keep it or sell it, its okay, it isn't offended that you did and neither are its users! What other tools are like that--not demanding of loyalty? Only a few to be sure, and the MC-505 is one of them. A historic classic whether I say so or not.

                MC-505 users stick their tongues out at each other.

                > I am on the other HUGE 505 list, but find that the average BS ratio
                is waaaaaay
                > too high for me to keep up with.  I was thinking of starting my
                own "moderated"
                > list on onelist, but found that this smaller one already existed.
                It may not be moderated,
                > but at least it doesn't have 50-100 messages a day.
                >
                > Hopefully this one will be better and I can unsub from the other
                one.
                > -Chris

                Hahahahahahhaha