ssssshhht.....!

  • georg balzer
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 1999
      hey 505ers
      its so quiet on the groovesource 505 list. Is everybody busy with the
      contest? Is the listserver down again? Has ERIS 5 eaten up the list?
      Or am I somehow unsubscribed? No message for over 30 hours, thats
      unusual...
      Hope everybody's fine,

      george

      --
      :::georg balzer
      :::me@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 1999
        I thought it was my email server screwing up again. Last week I
        didn't get any e-mail from the list. Then all of a sudden 600+
        messages show up! I had this problem with yahoo before. Now the
        groovesource is acting up. How am I supposed to keep up with all the
        good OT that goes on? I say we move to Onelist [mc505]PERMANENTLY!!
        like we've been talking about for the last 3 months. rEalm, I bet if
        you and drk moved here and ignored the groovesource that everyone
        else would too. You guys have that power, come on make us switch! I
        know we all love and cherish the groovesource, but this is
        ridiculous! ugh... To remedy the unsubscribe problem at
        groovesource you can 'block' the adress. If the list is down
        permanently this time hopefully everyone will find there way here
        again (except that chaotic freek who shall remain nameless:)

        Rob Mize
        home sick with nasty bug flu :(

        ----------------------------

        > ����GRAB THE GATOR! FREE SOFTWARE DOES ALL THE TYPING FOR YOU!
        > forms and passwords with just one click! Comes with $50 in free
        coupons!
        > ��<a href=" http://clickme.onelist.com/ad/gator4 ">Click Here</a>

        Sent by Jahoopa Free Email!
        Find us on the web at http://www.jahoopa.com
        Join today!
      • Crash Control
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 1999
          Hey everyone Im new, I didnt know if there was anyone here because this is
          the first time Ive gotten a message from the list! Anyway Im 19, Ive been
          making music since I was 5 and Ive had my 505 for about 6 months now. My
          other gear includes a k5000s, a mackie 1202VLZ Pro mixer and my computer. I
          dont like to use my computer to sequence, and I feel that music is more
          about the instrumentation (which is why I strive to play the 505 like an
          individual instrument live) SOon ill be getting a sampler so ill be in the
          red zone quite soon.

          OrbitM
        • Douglas R. Kraul
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 1999
            Gulp! I'm not sure I can deal with that kind of pressure!!!

            Where do I stand on all this switching? I really hate how our list was
            going so smoothly and then the first crash hit, followed by our own remake
            of "Strange Days". Now this recent crash. I fear that the "outliners"
            those who are interested and occasionally participate will loose interest.
            It would be a damn shame for a list of a couple hundred users to become
            defacto what is the "life support pod" of about a dozen or so that kept in
            contact using email during the current outages.

            I can't say that OneList is "all that" or that the old tried and true list
            is as bad as it seems. What is probably most important though is for us to
            collectively decide and move on. We are in this state of flux and that
            creates uncertainly and leads to other problems. For instance some jumping
            off before the others (I wonder if this is just what will happen around the
            last week of the year in miniature?). So we should decide and just do it,
            whatever the solution.

            drK