TR 750 & GT 750 race preped engines

  • John McCann
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
      Hi,
      I am a new member rebuilding a vintage ('75) road racer. No not a MC,
      a sports car :) It is 650# DSR class racer powered by the Suzuki 2-
      stroke. I have a Ocelot GT750R, a Ron Grant GT750R and a TR750 GP
      engine.
      I'll post engine pics, if anyone would like.
      John McCann
      San Diego
    • Brian Kelleher
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2005
        Sorry for the slow response John, I'd certainly be interested in seeing any pics, particularly of the TR.

        Thanks,
        Brian  (Sydney)
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7, 2005
          Hi Brian,

          I have posted a few pics (photos, McCann)

          RE my TR750, actually all I have is a barrel and head. The barrel
          has a broken sleeve from a broken rod, but is repairable. I have a
          lightened (-3 lbs) crank with a straight-cut spur gear and mataching
          clutch cage and gear.

          I bought a lot of engines and lots of spares for my vintage sports
          car project, a few years back and have yet to run anything - next
          year!).. The main engine was race prepared by Ocelot Engineering in
          the late '70s and has a very close ratio 5-speed with Barton 1st and
          5th gears. For carbs it has Lectron 38-40 HVs (38mm high velocity
          with a 40mm entry). My pipes came from a national winning DSR car.

          The TR barrel has the stock fins, but the SRIS ports were never
          drilled out and it has the correct porting (see my port tracing -
          posted).

          I have many pics, so let me know what in paticular interests you.

          Cheers,

          John (San Diego)

          --- In mc-engine@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Kelleher" <kawasaki@b...>
          wrote:
          > Sorry for the slow response John, I'd certainly be interested in
          seeing any pics, particularly of the TR.

          > Thanks,
          > Brian (Sydney)

          Motorcycle insurance rate
          > Motorcycle insurance company Motorcycle injury lawyer
          Motorcycle insurance quote