Michelin Tweel

  • bikebreakerbob
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
      Seems thread is a little slow and this doesn't have much to do with
      motorcycle engines but just a thought here on Michelin Tweel.As some
      race frames are now being designed with a certain amount of flex for
      full lean suspension,maybe a tire system like this with it's own
      dampening system and then back to more rigid frames??? Anyway,I think
      this is a very interesting idea....airless tires
      http://www.michelinman.com/difference/releases/pressrelease01102005a.ht
      ml
    • bikebreakerbob
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
      • Jordan
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
          Try putting a "<" before and a ">" after the link.

          Like this:

          <http://www.michelinman.com/difference/releases/pressrelease01102005a.html>

          It forces the long URL to stay on one line.

          I like the look of the wheel.

          Jordan

          > From: "bikebreakerbob" <foist@...>
          >
          > Dang...a misfire,I'll try it again
          > http://www.michelinman.com/difference/releases/pressrelease01102005a.ht
          > ml

        • RohanB
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
            I kept wondering if this was an April 1st announcement....

            Flexible wheels ? Service life measured in metres is the thought that
            comes to mind....

            Cheers,
            Rohan.

            ----------

            I like the look of the wheel.

            -------------

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 2, 2005
              Yes, It's my "artistic" side that said that.
              Cor, wouldn't mind those on my bobber!
              But who knows? - seems like Michelin isn't joking.

              Jordan

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 2, 2005
                Michelin do seem serious about it, don't they ?

                Maybe its like the Dilbert cartoon, where Marketing have announced its, now
                its up to Engineering to invent it....

                ----------
                From: Jordan <jwprincic@...>
                To: mc-engine@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: Re: Michelin Tweel
                Date: Sunday, April 03, 2005 8:08 AM

                Yes, It's my "artistic" side that said that.
                Cor, wouldn't mind those on my bobber!
                But who knows? - seems like Michelin isn't joking.
                Jordan

                > I kept wondering if this was an April 1st announcement....
                > Flexible wheels ? Service life measured in metres is the thought that
                > comes to mind....
                > Cheers,
                > Rohan.

                >> I like the look of the wheel.

                <http://www.michelinman.com/difference/releases/pressrelease01102005a.html>

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • rsv250r@aol.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
                  In a message dated 4/2/2005 6:21:49 PM Eastern Standard Time, rohan3333@... writes:
                  Maybe its like the Dilbert cartoon, where Marketing have announced its, now
                  its up to Engineering to invent it....
                  There is more truth to this than I'd like to admit, being in the middle of some of it, along with weekly updates of progress...