mean machine...

  • A. Kovatsch
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
      I was googling the web for chassis and
      carbon fiber, and ran into this true monster
      on wheels with engine reving 33000 rpm ; )

      http://www.cenracing.com/cars/ct4r/ct4r.html
    • Julian Bond
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
        A. Kovatsch <jestartech@...> wrote:
        >I was googling the web for chassis and
        >carbon fiber, and ran into this true monster
        >on wheels with engine reving 33000 rpm ; )
        >
        >http://www.cenracing.com/cars/ct4r/ct4r.html

        Mmmm. 2cc, 1hp, CVT, 2 speed. Now why am I thinking about bicycles...

        Julian Bond Email&MSM: julian.bond at voidstar.com
        Webmaster: http://www.ecademy.com/
        Personal WebLog: http://www.voidstar.com/
        M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173 T: +44 (0)192 0412 433
      • Marcus Saw
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004

          500 engines

          1000cc

          500hp

          cvt transmission hahahahah, not a hope in hell

          Julian Bond Email&MSM: julian.bond at voidstar.com
          Webmaster:                 http://www.ecademy.com/
          Personal WebLog:          http://www.voidstar.com/
          M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173      T: +44 (0)192 0412 433

        • Szerenyi, Laszlo
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
            I figured we would be talking about RC motorcycles

            Take a look at the 1/5 scale Honda RC211V
            http://www.internet-rc.com/15scalnitpow.html

            I have seen these things run and they are pretty interesting and fast.
            I was really interested to see how they set up the steering. Sort of a
            caster setup, like flipping the triple tree around. 1/5 scale @ 45MPH,
            disk brakes and all. They handle pretty well, a number years ago I had
            an electric one (1/10th or 1/12th scale I don't remember) and it was
            really fast. I was able to do controllable rear wheel slides banked
            over on pavement. These nitro powered larger ones have a lot of
            features that mimic their real counterparts, like steering dampers...
            Then I started racing and didn't mess with them any more. I saw a show
            on these and it was said that a lot of the guys racing these were guys
            who stopped racing big bikes and decided to race models.

            Thanks,
            Laszlo