Re: Big end oil pressure

  • Paul Friday
    Message 1 of 70 , Mar 1, 2004
      In message <40430469.8090405@...>, David Kath
      <BSAGS@...> writes
      >But these 'modern' bearings with small
      >diameter needle/rollers that must need to spin at a outrageous rpm vs
      >slip/sliding seems to possibly to be an issue, especially during cold
      >start up with heavy grade i.e. 30 or 40 wt. oil.

      Perhaps the answer is to find some way of priming the oilways before the
      engine is started. Fit a grease nipple on the outside of the engine and
      pump some oil in by hand?
      --
      ----------------------------
      Paul Friday
      Message 70 of 70 , Mar 18, 2004
        Simon,
        A friend of mine that I have helpe design some exhaust systems for over the
        last 4 years is racing a Husaberg 650. Where are you at? I have some pics
        of his bike from last year and can forward them if you send me your email
        address. Send it to swissscf@... . He ran the bike with the stock
        chassis for the first year and now has fitted the engine into an RS250
        frame. The first year, with the Husa he ran big valves and dyno'd out at
        about 70rwhp. Last year his dyno numbers were down, but it was a different
        engine and there were other reasons for the numbers being down about 4hp.
        Main one was smaller valves. Stock sizes are 37/30mm, but now Ti-valves
        40/34mm are fitted to the new engine. He is also fitting a big Lectron carb
        and he will send me the dyno runs when he has it finished. The Husa engines
        ARE known for cam tower movement. They have gotten better, but big cams can
        cause problems at extended periods of high rpms. He is running big tube
        head pipes on this engine with short primary lengths and a fat megaphone.

        Swiss