3 compression rings

  • James Provencher
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5 11:57 AM
      A friend of mine is telling me that the Kawasaki ZX7R pistons have 3
      compression rings, and I can't confirm this. I thought 3 compression
      rings were only used in old british cars, diesels and tractors. For
      high RPM applications, does the added benefit of having less blowby
      outweigh the friction of the third ring? Is there any other modern
      motorcycle engines using 3 compression rings?

      James
    • James Provencher
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5 2:40 PM
        I guess my buddy is full of it, the Kawi has 2 compression rings like
        everyone else. On the up side, for those intrested, Kawasaki has
        really great parts diagrams showing engine internals on their website.

        James

        --- In mc-engine@yahoogroups.com, "James Provencher" <jeprovo@y...>