Re: Tachometer For RD400?

  • moto_luttig
    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 10, 2002
      When a manufacture builds a vehicle the profit is relatively small. take ktm
      for example. they sell a 520cc mx bike it comes with 2500.00 worth of
      suspension 2000.00 chassis and a 2500.00 motor. I know that some of the
      components are aquired at a considerable reduction but I didnt include
      distrubution,advertising,warranty etc.so when you see the bikes asking price
      around 7000.00 you can see why replaement parts are inflated its where the
      real profit is found.
      Geo.
      Message 2 of 21 , May 1, 2002
        > I have missed most of this thread. I don't know if the My-Chron is in
        > the running. Mine has a set function for 2 or 4 stroke. Set and forget.

        Hey John

        Price is the worst issue. Anything that comes from the US basically doubles
        in cost after exchange and sales tax is added on here.

        Mark
      • Mark Mattock

          Message 4 of 21 , May 2, 2002
            >so when you see the bikes asking price
            >around 7000.00 you can see why replaement parts are inflated its where the
            >real profit is found.

            If I was looking to buy a stock replacement from Yamaha, I could accept the
            high price as the cost of getting an OEM replacement part. My complaint is
            from aftermarket stuff, where on one page the car tachs start at $30 or
            less, then you turn the page and the bike tachs (looking very much the
            same) start at $140. Seems to me to be gouging for little reason.

            Mark