RE: Re: New file uploaded to mc-engine

  • Lgattmaniii@Netscape.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2002
      Jordan, The circuit shown is from a 1975 DIY kit I saw in a electronics magazine of that period.No temp rating was given although the circuit was for replacing a automotive points setup and the light led and pickup were inside the auto distributor housing.At the time,I built 3 separate circuits for a GT750,1 for each cylinder and it worked fine.Then,tried to use 3 light leds and pickups to 1 circuit-firing all 3 ignitions coils at a 120 degree intervals.This worked fair,but was over heating the SCR.Did not try lower primary resistance ignition coils or a higher rated SCR.Todays newer components should take more heat as for example one model OMC outboard used 3 optical leds to fire its 6 cylinder engine,and there are other examples out there.All these parts can be modified or upgraded to the better components available today.My purpose in showing all this is to give the DIY a starting point in upgrading older ignitions(points)and to show electronic ignitions don't have to cost a arm and a leg.Jordan,you requested info on electronic advance and it will be the next couple of circuits posted-1 for a magneto cdi 2 cycle and 1 for a 4 cycle automotive. Louis... Jordan <jprincic@...> wrote:

    • Lgattmaniii@Netscape.net
      Message 2 of 8 , May 30, 2002

      • mc-engine@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 11, 2015
          Hello,

          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the mc-engine
          group.

          File : /Beta Ignition/trigger.JPG
          Uploaded by : mcman562000 <dan.mcmanus5@...>
          Description :

          mcman562000 <dan.mcmanus5@...>
        • mc-engine@yahoogroups.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 11, 2015
            Hello,

            a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the mc-engine
            group.

            File : /Beta Ignition/CDI Charge.JPG

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 11, 2015
              Hello,

              a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the mc-engine
              group.

              File : /Beta Ignition/Ground.JPG

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 11, 2015
                Hello,

                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the mc-engine
                group.

                File : /Beta Ignition/trigger plus charge.JPG

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 11, 2015
                  Hello,

                  a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the mc-engine
                  group.

                  File : /Beta Ignition/CDI data.xls