Re: to dyno not to dyno

  • hobot
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 15, 2013
      Ya can put out GPS sendors on tracts and on targets to greatly increase
      the accuracy to stay on track. i"m a bit studied up on robo-cycles to see
      they use straight steering not counter steering and can run lengthwise
      on a loose steep slope and not fall down. They use jerk instants of streering
      then straighten up to pull this off.  i want to race a completely analog
      manual antique cycle against a fearless-stupid robo-cycle. Get on ya
      bike and go 15 mph and try to straight steer, that is the level of upset forces
      that must be countered and controlled with exact throttle and harsh tip
      overs then fling ups to catch. Robo-cycle already know how to drift and
      riding lenghtwise on a steep loose slope is Exactly same forces as
      a race track turn that is not banked or even off sloped. !st came Camel
      jockey's and now cars, next in line ....   hobot

      On 7/15/2013 2:12 PM, john fisher wrote:

      If I were implementing it, I wouldn't rely solely on GPS either. Theres been a lot of progress on vision systems since the first Grand DARPA, and I'd look into using something like that too, plus whatever else could be used to determine track position, like dead reckoning with once-a-lap calibration. Its a hard problem, rapidly determining exact position.

      But, it would be more fun to allow the riders to only use a manual switch and save all the robotic intelligence for cleaning my house and driving taxis and such. A robot race is only fun for the engineers involved.