Re: Motorcycle Batteries AGM, GEL, Wet, Lithium Iron Phosphate (Li-ion) - ADVrider

  • Danny Whitfield
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2012
      Interesting long disscussion on various battery chemistry
      physics and how it plays out in real life. The scope of brands
      and issues out there are pretty well covered and I'm just
      getting started on it as need to decide for my own light
      as can be holey special. The lighter ya get the more %
      difference every little bit drops. hobot

      http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=757934

      Tesla just went to the lithium Silicon battery for their cars. 30%
      more power density per weight than Lithium Ion.

      Dan W
    • hobot
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 7, 2012
        On 12/7/2012 6:07 PM, Danny Whitfield wrote:

        Interesting long disscussion on various battery chemistry
        physics and how it plays out in real life. The scope of brands
        and issues out there are pretty well covered and I'm just
        getting started on it as need to decide for my own light
        as can be holey special. The lighter ya get the more %
        difference every little bit drops. hobot

        http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=757934

        Tesla just went to the lithium Silicon battery for their cars. 30%
        more power density per weight than Lithium Ion.

        Dan W

        Ok thanks for that Tesla Li sillcon detail.  I only know
        every Li chemistry battery outside of cycle use has
        dedicated programed sensor equipped charger to
        both properly pump up Li battery and not burn it up.
        There's enough reports out on Shoai Li batteries
        working out in wimpy Commando road life so
        that' about a no brain for me need to know.

        A bunch of Tesla or similar cars got wet in Sandy
        hurracane and burned up.  Li explodes when water
        hits it.  Whiskers and fractures occur microscopically
        that slowly short out cells then accelerates to combustion,
        so its vital that people get themselves and valuables
        out of crashes soon as they can and not park a hit
        Li car inside garage for a week or more.  Search it
        up - definite issue to be aware of.

        hobot