Re: OT Taps

  • jestartech@stcable.net
    Message 1 of 31 , Nov 30, 2012
      this sounds so simple I think I missed something:
      you have a set of taps for manual thread cutting,
      these are 3 pass, and they are not necesarilly for
      ss, because taps for ss are also different material.

      http://tinyurl.com/cxxoxdc

      I have sets up to M24, I don't know how else I would
      cut an M24 by hands except in 3 passes (big heims
      holding swingarm to my frame are M24 :). sad thing
      about them is, when you brake one marked with rings,
      first or second pass, you leave them on a shelf and wait
      till you brake some other in another set so you have
      a set again because you can buy only single pass
      which is the same geometry as the final pass in 3 set,
      and first and second you can't buy separate ;)
      if you have regular one pass taps, you can use
      first and second pass as help for manual cuts.

      > I have a set of straight YG M3 taps that are banded with 1 2 and no rings.
      > The first tap is undersize and final is the correct correct size. Each tap
      > size increases in diameter. They are great for tapping SS as each tap only
    • jim lyon
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 14, 2012