Re: Ding dong Assen Moto3 battle

  • Ian
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 4, 2012
      >For those that haven't seen it, the Assen Moto3 race is well worth seeing,
      >particularly the final 5 laps. Phenomenal racing....

      I was away all weekend but had it taped ( HDD recorders are
      great things ). I was a mental wreck by the end of the Moto3
      race, hanging onto the armrests of my chair so tightly.

      Was it the track or the new class that make it so close? Bit
      of both ?

      Cheers IAN

      See www.drysdalev8.com for :
      - Drysdale 750-V8 Sports & 1000-V8 Cruiser
      - DRYVTECH 2x2x2 Experimental
      - Carberry Enfield 1000cc V-Twin
      - Drysdale Hillclimb Open Wheeler
    • Tony
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 5, 2012
        --- In mc-engine@yahoogroups.com, Ian <iwd@...> wrote:

        > Was it the track or the new class that make it so close? Bit
        > of both ?

        The answer is much simpler. There are a lot of riders capable of riding the slower bikes near their limit. Only a handful can really squeeze a MGP bike to its full potential. Suspension and geometry setup is also less critical on slower bikes.

        TF.