FW: 500cc Norton Domiracer

  • John N Martin
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2001
      I'm looking for a camshaft for my 500cc Norton Domiracer project I'm
      building. To me it looks like all the camshafts out there, Norvil, Mick
      Hemmings etc are Commando profiles S4, S7, PW3 etc on a Dominator length
      shaft. Because the shorter stroke & valve size Domie will rev higher, I
      would have thought that the profile should be different than a Commando. Is
      there anybody out there who makes one specifically for this model or am I
      going to have to get the text books out & get somebody to make me one?

      John "Player" Martin
    • John N Martin
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 15, 2001
        Sorry if this is a repeat, but had difficulty posting this a while ago.

      • geoff_m@bigfoot.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 15, 2001
          On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 16:36:28 -0700, you wrote:

          >I'm looking for a camshaft for my 500cc Norton Domiracer project I'm
          >building. To me it looks like all the camshafts out there, Norvil, Mick
          >Hemmings etc are Commando profiles S4, S7, PW3 etc on a Dominator length
          >shaft. Because the shorter stroke & valve size Domie will rev higher, I
          >would have thought that the profile should be different than a Commando. Is
          >there anybody out there who makes one specifically for this model or am I
          >going to have to get the text books out & get somebody to make me one?
          A good friend of mine races a Dominator here in New Zealand and I can
          see who made his cams. His bike goes 'kin fast - gives my RD350LC (in
          race trim) a run.
          Geoff