NBC Re: [MC-CHASSIS-DESIGN] BORILE Ducati "modern" scrambler

  • Rick Hammond
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2011
      No bevel content.. unless they were really smart ;-)

      An 'image' of the future.. The drawing doesn't show enough room for a
      crank.
      I've been saying for a while, if there is a modern incarnation of the
      supermono, using a twin bottom end and balance rod, it can just as well
      be retaining the rear cylinder and losing the front.. This looks like
      that but they have erased the oil pan.. dry sump could give a more
      compact crankcase..
      Hey, they even named a model after me ;-) (the Ricki)

      Now, a twin crankcase is probably bigger / heavier than you need for a
      single, except remember the crank still behaves as a twin..
      I think Ducati would be good to retain the supermono type balance rod as
      it is something to set them apart.
      As other singles are more based on dirt bike motors, a dry sump would
      allow it to be carried lower. Of course you would want to see a 4-valve
      250 for the Moto3 class..
      Cheers,
      Rick

      On 01/07/2011 07:51, TTroncs wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >

      > A little light of hope in our Quest of "The Ducati Monocylinder Graal" ?
      >

      > http://www.motoblog.it/post/30354/anteprima-borile-b450scrambler-2012
      >
      > http://www.twowheelsblog.com/post/6675/borile-b450scrambler-preview
      >

      > --
      > TTroncs

    • TTroncs
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2011
        > No bevel content.. unless they were really smart ;-)
        >
        > An 'image' of the future.. The drawing doesn't show enough room for a
        > crank.
        > I've been saying for a while, if there is a modern incarnation of the
        > supermono, using a twin bottom end and balance rod, it can just as well
        > be retaining the rear cylinder and losing the front.. This looks like
        > that but they have erased the oil pan.. dry sump could give a more
        > compact crankcase..
        ***
        I think it is just an artist view with a "certain" number of technical
        stresses completely forgotten.

        > I think Ducati would be good to retain the supermono type balance rod as
        > it is something to set them apart.
        ***
        And very simple to do for a production bike.

        --
        TTroncs