Race-prepped TZRs for sale in Indonesia

  • Byron Black
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2010

    Two 1995 3XV Yamaha Racers For Sale

    [History: the only information about these two 1995 Yamaha TZR-250s is that they are supposedly ‘ex-Marlboro Malaysia racers’, which probably means they were used as training machines for aspiring Malaysian riders to learn how to navigate a road racing course on.]

    Both TZRs have been modified slightly for club racing (there was formerly a 250 class in the ASEAN Series). They are fitted with 38mm. Mikuni carburetors and racing pipes; porting, however, seems to be unmodified. Nor have their been any apparent modifications to the CDI or power valves.

    The machines are in moderately good condition, not having been run for several years. The (steel) tanks contain rust and there are other signs of aging.

    Both engines need to be taken apart and cleaned up (gaskets, seals etc). Clutches, brakes and transmissions are in good shape. The tires are hardened and would have to be replaced.

    There are no crash marks on the Yamahas, and the plastic is in good condition. The impression is that the machines have been raced very little, and not very hard (I judge this as someone who has owned 40+ motorcycles, and has been road racing since 1964).

    The oil pumps have been removed from both machines, and they run a ‘dead-loss’ electrical system (no lights or horn either).

    I received one machine in a swap and the other from a guy who never ran it. I like them, but even if I could afford to get them back into racing condition, there is no 250 class in Indonesian (or regional ASEAN) racing, so it would make no sense to do so.

    I have reduced the price for this pair of TZR250s, on sale since last year to US$ 3000, crated (and disassembled, if so required), FOB Jakarta.

    Contact:

    BYRON BLACK, +62.878.8090.9879 (nights, Jakarta time). E-mail: bblacky@...