Re: Conrod material - a different scenario

  • RohanB
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2009
    • Ian
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2009
        >Speaking of conrods
        >
        ><http://www.halfofmylife.com/2009/11/13/aprilia-rsv-boom/>http://www.halfofmylife.com/2009/11/13/aprilia-rsv-boom/

        I was talking to a bike journo at a party on the weekend ( who had
        tested the bike in Australia ) and he told me that the consensus is
        that one of the Aprilia techs decided to increase the redline on all
        the test bikes to impress the test ride journalists, and they paid
        the price.

        Cheers IAN

        See www.drysdalev8.com for :
        - Drysdale 750-V8 Sports & 1000-V8 Cruiser
        - DRYVTECH 2x2x2 Experimental
        - Carberry Enfield 1000cc V-Twin
        - Drysdale Hillclimb Open Wheeler
      • RohanB
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2009
          The link there somewhere mentions that the rods were "found to have been
          machined with the bigend eye not centrallized - one side was thinner" - and
          cracked. Maybe with excessive revs ??

          http://www.halfofmylife.com/2009/11/13/aprilia-rsv-boom/