Replica Manufacturers

  • Byron Black
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2009
      This reminds me of George Beale, who I read went from manufacturing replica G-50s to getting the blueprints for Honda RC-166 250 six-bangers (which were to have sold for USD 250k).

      What ever became of this effort? I also heard rumours of, ahem, discord or disappointment with the good Mr. Beale.

      Just wondering. Don't plan to buy one of those pipe-frame sixes. (ha)

      Would truly love to have a G-50 replica for a road rocket, though. Most fond memories of riding that happy thumper.

      bbbbbb

    • John Mead
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2009
        He was actually asked to build them by the head of the Honda Motorcycle Museum.  No drawings were available so George had to recreate them from parts that were on Teruhisa `Teri' Murayama's original RC174 and parts supplied by Honda.  He ended up with 502 drawings.

        Most of the parts were made by JPX in France.  They make a lot of F1 and aircraft components.  A lot of the parts he made were bought by Honda to complete some of the bikes in the museum.

        The first one was run several years ago at Donnington.  I do not know if he sold any more but, as I mentioned before, Honda bought a lot of his parts.

        I think any discord is more sour grapes than anything else.

        John Mead