Re: Morbid Elly

  • Julian Bond
    Message 1 of 15 , May 31, 2009
      Ian <iwd@...> Mon, 1 Jun 2009 13:04:22

      >>Talking about V8s, Ian, have you come across a Kiwi called Chris Gordon?
      >>According to the UK weekly rag, he's built a 500 V8 out of a pair of
      >>FZR250 engines.
      >

      >I did hear a rumor about this, uses 2 cranks ? I haven't read anything
      >though, a Kiwi mate told me about him.

      I hadn't even noticed it had 2 cranks, but yes. And I had it wrong, they
      were Kawa ZXR250 engines not Yamaha FZR250. Which puzzles me as I don't
      think I'd ever heard of a ZXR250. It's like he's taken an engine and
      bandsawed off the gearbox. It's then bolted on top of the space above
      the gearbox, behind the block, of the other engine. The whole lot is
      then fitted into a Ducati-esque spaceframe.

      Feels like one of those projects that got out of hand down the shed.
      Except that he's a "championship winning two stroke engineer" But then
      previous projects apparently include a 3/4 scale GP rep powered by a
      Honda Nifty and a 14 cylinder 50cc engine built out of 3.5cc model car
      engines. That last was aimed at the NZ 50cc land speed record. Mad as a
      bucket of frogs?

      --
      Julian Bond E&MSN: julian_bond at voidstar.com M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173
      Webmaster: http://www.ecademy.com/ T: +44 (0)192 0412 433
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 1 12:30 AM
        >I hadn't even noticed it had 2 cranks, but yes. And I had it wrong, they
        >were Kawa ZXR250 engines not Yamaha FZR250. Which puzzles me as I don't
        >think I'd ever heard of a ZXR250.

        Japanese only model probably, there are a few grey imports in Australia.

        >4 cylinder 50cc engine built out of 3.5cc model car engines. That last was
        > aimed at the NZ 50cc land speed record. Mad as a bucket of frogs?

        I applaud such madness, beats playing golf.

        Cheers IAN

        See www.drysdalev8.com for :
        - Drysdale 750-V8 Sports & 1000-V8 Cruiser
        - DRYVTECH 2x2x2 Experimental
        - Carberry Enfield 1000cc V-Twin
        - Drysdale Hillclimb Open Wheeler