a non-MC coda on hydraulics and a little OT gift

  • john fisher
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2008
      just saw these on hydraulic drives, all principles applicable to MC of course:

      a new car aimed at Automotive X apparently ( hydraulic hybrid drive is already in use on trucks I believe)
      http://www.valentintechnologies.com/how-it-works/default.asp

      a sort of Pop Mechanix approach, just for fun
      http://www.fuel-efficient-vehicles.org/FEV-Hydraulic-Cars.php

      plus this really cute totally OT Whole Earth Catalog throwback with some clear shots of how to make a home-made
      alternator. Why don't they insulate boilers?
      http://www.otherpower.com/steamengine.shtml

      If you didn't like the Whole Earth Catalog, don't tell me you'll hurt my feelings. And yes I would prefer that people
      NOT build wood-fired alternators.

      cheers
      John
    • Dave Williams
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 19, 2008
        john fisher wrote:

        > If you didn't like the Whole Earth Catalog, don't tell me you'll hurt my feelings. And yes I would prefer that people
        > NOT build wood-fired alternators.

        That's right. All right-thinking DIY alternators should be burning peat!