Re: 7075 Alu for sale

  • Ian
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2007
      >Anyone have a handle on what the machining costs would be to carve out a GS
      >head and cylinder from such a billet ??

      US$20k give or take ( for 1off ), plus CAD'ing it up in the first place.

      I'd jump at the chance to buy the blocks, but freight would kill it off.
      I had a 1/2 empty container just arrived from the US, I could have
      thrown it in.

      Cheers IAN

      See www.drysdalev8.com for :
      - Drysdale 750-V8 Sports & 1000-V8 Cruiser
      - DRYVTECH 2x2x2 Experimental
      - Carberry Enfield 1000cc V-Twin
      - Drysdale Hillclimb Open Wheeler