Duke head single

  • Ian
    Message 1 of 49 , Apr 5, 2007
      >i drive the exhaust cam of the 999 head on the rotax cases with a
      >2:1 from the crank and drive the other cam from a small belt on the
      >opposite side. those duc parts are easy to adapt.

      Very tasty Chris.

      Have you any idea what power the belt is transmitting ? I guess
      the Desmo is less demanding than a springer head ?

      Cheers IAN

      See www.drysdalev8.com for :
      - Drysdale 750-V8 Sports & 1000-V8 Cruiser
      - DRYVTECH 2x2x2 Experimental
      - Carberry Enfield 1000cc V-Twin
      - Drysdale Hillclimb Open Wheeler

    • Ian
      Message 49 of 49 , Apr 6, 2007
        >The interesting part was that when shown a pic of Ducati's 999 setup
        >he thought it violated most of the belt design principles he
        >uses. The idler rollers are crowned AND flanged, which is usually
        >not desirable.

        Yet Gates supply belts to Ducati, surely they had some say in it ?

        Many automotive belt applications defy the generally accepted rules,
        for instance, the old style AA fan belts. They were over-driven 4:1,
        with 20,000 rpm at the alternator, had only than 90 degree wrap
        around the driving pulley etc etc - yet they survived ( more or less )
        for many years in a hot / oily / dirty environment.