[FF] OT - a miniature engine.

  • Julian Bond
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1 1:15 AM
      Not exactly a motorcycle engine, although I can imagine it in a
      motorcycle.

      Ian Kew <fjsrider@...> Wed, 1 Mar 2006 08:10:21

      --
      Julian Bond E&MSN: julian_bond at voidstar.com M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173
      Webmaster: http://www.ecademy.com/ T: +44 (0)192 0412 433
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1 4:05 AM
        >Not exactly a motorcycle engine, although I can imagine it in a
        >motorcycle.
        >
        >>Off topic I know - but I think this is fascinating
        >>http://www.weberprecision.com/weberprecision1_015.htm
        >>
        >>A supercharged 98cc V8!
        >>
        >>I like the understatement of "This was my first attempt at building a
        >>running miniature engine, I should have started with something a
        >>little simpler."

        I'm always a bit wary of model makers - I have the utmost respect
        for what they achieve, just seems that all the model makers I know
        are a bit "NQR" ??

        ( Or is it just the ones I know ? )

      • Tim Heinemann
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1 10:17 AM
          >I'm always a bit wary of model makers - I have the utmost respect
          >for what they achieve, just seems that all the model makers I know
          >are a bit "NQR" ??
          >
          >( Or is it just the ones I know ? )

          Well, judging from the fact that in order to operate the engine
          in question you'd be perfectly placed in the stream of both the
          exhaust pipes and the radiators "NQR" might apply....;-)

          Nice work, however!

          Tim
        • Mitch Casto
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 22, 2008
            Hi,

            here's a miniature Chevy V-8 which would make one the "Cat's Meow"
            if mounted on a bicycle !

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg0k7zDsB8w&feature=related

            -Mitch

            --- In mc-engine@yahoogroups.com, Julian Bond <julian_bond@...>