First Ships discussion list

  • First Ships
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2003
      Hi Friends,

      I'm pleased to announce a new list called First Ships.

      http://www.mdwsweb.com/genealogy-lists/firstshipslist.html

      From the description at the list home page:

      ---
      This list is for research and sharing of information on those
      people who came to New England on the first ships, their lives, why
      they came here, their ancestors and descendants wherever they may
      be, as well as those who married into these families. The ships
      include the Mayflower, the Fortune, the Anne and the Little James.

      There are many mailing lists focusing on the individual surnames of
      many of these people but this list brings them together so we can
      study them as a group, as family units, and as individuals.

      Feel free to create a database to share your information; use the
      files area to upload your gedcom or other genealogical or
      historical document; the photos area to display your ancestors
      connected with these lines or artwork relating to early colonial
      New England; and the links area to promote your favorite websites.

      And of course I encourage all to participate in the daily discussions.
      ---

      I'm very excited about the future of the FirstShips list and I
      expect it will be a great success.

      There are many discussion areas for Mayflower descendants and I
      felt there was a need for a list to discuss all the people of that
      group who first came to New England including those who came on The
      Fortune, The Anne and The Little James. Thus this list was created.

      Go to
      http://www.mdwsweb.com/genealogy-lists/firstshipslist.html
      for sign up information.

      David
      FirstShips listowner

      Permission is granted to forward this message to anyone you think
      might be interested.