John Alden family proof of line needed

  • sharon_fighter
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2002
      Hi,

      I am new to this group. I recently found that my ancestors go back
      to John Alden and Pricilla Mullins. I am working on proving my line,
      but am curious how to do this with the earlier ones. Has anyone
      gotten the documentation that they need for the first 5 or so
      generations? If so, what did you have to do? Maybe you can point me
      to the right direction with addresses and documents to ask for. I
      live in Michigan, so it's not easy to travel all the way the
      Massachusetts.

      This is my line:
      John Alden m. Pricilla Mullins
      Joseph Alden m. Marry Simmons
      Mercy Alden m. John Burrell
      John Burrell m. Mary Humphrey
      John Burrell m. Anna Vinton
      Anna Burrell m. Samuel Nevers
      Mary Nevers m. Samuel Kearney
      Isabella Kearney m. Alex McPhail
      Agnes McPhail m. William Craven
      Francis Craven m. Sara Sharboneau
      Lyda Craven m. Leonard Barnes
      Roger Barnes m. Mary LaCross
      Sharon Barnes m. Regan Fighter

      I can prove my line as far back as Isabella Kearney m. Alex McPhail
      so far. Am working on the others.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated!

      Sharon
    • megs_222000
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6, 2002
        Hiya Sharon,
        you may want to check out the Mayflower Society for the first five
        generations. Most of the Mayflower passengers have a book on the
        generations 1-5. You may want to try this website
        http://www.mayflowerfamilies.com/ .. Hope this helps.
        Meagan

        --- In mayflowerdescendantsgenealogy@y..., "sharon_fighter"
        <fighter@n...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I am new to this group. I recently found that my ancestors go back
        > to John Alden and Pricilla Mullins. I am working on proving my
        line,
        > but am curious how to do this with the earlier ones. Has anyone
        > gotten the documentation that they need for the first 5 or so
        > generations? If so, what did you have to do? Maybe you can point
        me
        > to the right direction with addresses and documents to ask for. I
        > live in Michigan, so it's not easy to travel all the way the
        > Massachusetts.
        >
        > This is my line:
        > John Alden m. Pricilla Mullins
        > Joseph Alden m. Marry Simmons
        > Mercy Alden m. John Burrell
        > John Burrell m. Mary Humphrey
        > John Burrell m. Anna Vinton
        > Anna Burrell m. Samuel Nevers
        > Mary Nevers m. Samuel Kearney
        > Isabella Kearney m. Alex McPhail
        > Agnes McPhail m. William Craven
        > Francis Craven m. Sara Sharboneau
        > Lyda Craven m. Leonard Barnes
        > Roger Barnes m. Mary LaCross
        > Sharon Barnes m. Regan Fighter
        >
        > I can prove my line as far back as Isabella Kearney m. Alex McPhail
        > so far. Am working on the others.
        >
        > Any help would be greatly appreciated!
        >
        > Sharon
      • oldmaidwithcats
        Message 3 of 3 , May 6, 2002
          Megs: Thanks for that link - looks interesting.

          --- In mayflowerdescendantsgenealogy@y..., megs_222000