Advertisements...

  • cntrydncr_75
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2002
      I have been contacted a couple times about advertising in this club.
      I have created a folder in the Bookmarks section labeled
      Advertising. If you are trying to promote a website, please put your
      link in this folder.

      This club is for finding genealogical information. I do not want
      this to become an advertising site. You can make mention of an
      interesting website and link in your postings as long as you are not
      trying to sell it. I haven't noticed a big problem with advertising,
      but if it does increase, those messages will be deleted and the
      person responsible for those messages will be contacted.

      If you have any questions, feel free to email me:
      Cntrydncr_75@....

      Please keep this a fun sight to find out info about our ancestors.

      Thanks!!
      Lynn
      Moderator of Mayflower Descendants Genealogy
    • wf2076
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2002
        --- In mayflowerdescendantsgenealogy@y..., "cntrydncr_75"
        <cntrydncr_75@y...> wrote:
        > I have been contacted a couple times about advertising in this
        club.
        > I have created a folder in the Bookmarks section labeled
        > Advertising. If you are trying to promote a website, please put
        your
        > link in this folder.
        >
        > This club is for finding genealogical information. I do not want
        > this to become an advertising site. You can make mention of an
        > interesting website and link in your postings as long as you are
        not
        > trying to sell it. I haven't noticed a big problem with
        advertising,
        > but if it does increase, those messages will be deleted and the
        > person responsible for those messages will be contacted.
        >
        > If you have any questions, feel free to email me:
        > Cntrydncr_75@y...
        >
        > Please keep this a fun sight to find out info about our ancestors.
        >
        > Thanks!!
        > Lynn
        > Moderator of Mayflower Descendants Genealogy
      • liwagg
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2002
          ---
          Hi, I received this message and I have no idea why. I have never
          contacted anyone about advertising on this site. I think I checked
          it out a couple of times because I am a Mayflower descendant and am
          always looking for new lines but i have nothing to adverise.!!!!!!!

          <cntrydncr_75@y...> wrote:
          > I have been contacted a couple times about advertising in this
          club.
          > I have created a folder in the Bookmarks section labeled
          > Advertising. If you are trying to promote a website, please put
          your
          > link in this folder.
          >
          > This club is for finding genealogical information. I do not want
          > this to become an advertising site. You can make mention of an
          > interesting website and link in your postings as long as you are
          not
          > trying to sell it. I haven't noticed a big problem with
          advertising,
          > but if it does increase, those messages will be deleted and the
          > person responsible for those messages will be contacted.
          >
          > If you have any questions, feel free to email me:
          > Cntrydncr_75@y...
          >
          > Please keep this a fun sight to find out info about our ancestors.
          >
          > Thanks!!
          > Lynn
          > Moderator of Mayflower Descendants Genealogy
        • steph_carson
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2002
            Anything with this tag at the beginning of the subject: [Mayflower
            Descendants Genealogy] means that it came from that Yahoo Group. The
            format has recently changed from clubs to groups. The message goes out
            to the whole group, unless your membership states that you don't want
            to use this feature. Go to "edit my membership" if you wish to change
            that.

            --- In mayflowerdescendantsgenealogy@y..., liwagg <no_reply@y...>