      From: Nora Moss <nmoss2000@...>
      Subject: Re: [Mayflower Descendants Genealogy] Mayflower registration
      To: mayflowerdescendantsgenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, November 16, 2009, 6:29 PM

      I also sent an email directly to your email regarding the Howland line- wondering how we connect.
      Nora

      From: Nora Moss <nmoss2000@yahoo. com>

      To: mayflowerdescendant sgenealogy@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Monday, November 16, 2009, 10:58 AM

      I think it depends on the individual historian. I began an application when I lived in N CA through the Oakland Society. I am already a member of DAR so I am familiar with the type of documentation required. I had EVERYTHING necessary, so the woman told me I had to provide Civil War service documentation and other stuff that I knew was not required. I asked for my papers back, when I finally got them- my birth cert, my husbands and our marriage cert were not in the packet (copies of course). I couldn't help wondering why and she told me it was all there. I think she is working on a publication and kept them for that or for a reason I don't even want to think about!

      Now I live in another sate and the people here are very glad to help so I will begin again.

      Nora