994Mayflower registration

  • Nora Moss
    Nov 16, 2009
      I think it depends on the individual historian. I began an application when I lived in N CA through the Oakland Society. I am already a member of DAR so I am familiar with the type of documentation required. I had EVERYTHING necessary, so the woman told me I had to provide Civil War service documentation and other stuff that I knew was not required. I asked for my papers back, when I finally got them- my birth cert, my husbands and our marriage cert were not in the packet (copies of course). I couldn't help wondering why and she told me it was all there. I think she is working on a publication and kept them for that or for a reason I don't even want to think about!
      Now I live in another sate and the people here are very glad to help so I will begin again.
      Nora