Re: [maxwellbriscoeowners] Re: Ok, I give up!

  • Doris & Vern Campbell
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 7, 2004
      The next chapter continued . . .
      We have just returned for a Model T Rally in Australia, which was a
      wonderful time, and I did find three Maxwells there which we did not have
      listed in the registry.
      Now to some Maxwell business. Thanks for your kind words Jim on the
      Carb. The track record on those I have rebuilt is 100%. It should run
      about like the engine would on a Model T carb. But it will never pass a
      Model T! Two cylinders are not going to surpass four!
      I am planning on writing an article for the Horseless Carriage Gazette,
      and in fact I have the pictures taken and have talked with the editor John
      Myers about it. I should have the script to him in a couple of weeks. I
      have no idea when it might appear.
      In the meantime I am most willing to help anyone on the subject of
      Maxwell carbs. I like to see original equipment used whenever possible. It
      is not rocket science to make one work, but we do usually have to overcome
      some lack of quality control.
      Vern Campbell