Re: AB Exhaust pipe

  • mccrediedavid
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2009
      Rick, The exhaust from the LH jug joins the pipe from the RH at 45 deg on my AC. I have the exhaust off mine at the moment so I can send your a dimensioned sketch if it would help. Also the sketch in parts book (which covers 1909 to 1911) shows it the same as mine which I believe is an original. If you do not have a copy of the parts book, let me know and I will run a copy from mine.
      Incidentally I collected my reconditioned engine today. can't wait to assemble it and get the car running properly.
      David McCredie, Australia
    • McDONOUGH,Rick
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2009
        Many thanks David.  Another owner has kindly sent me photos of his original set up which agrees with what you say.  That confirms my suspicions that it shouldn't be at 90*.   Looks like I'll have to do some redesign.  Any dimensions you can provide would be greatly appreciated. You have my email address.  Hope the motor rebirth is a success.  We'll both have fun burning off those Renaults and De Dions at 1&2's!

        PS I do have the parts book you mentioned so no need to copy that but thanks for the offer.

        Rick, The exhaust from the LH jug joins the pipe from the RH at 45 deg on my AC. I have the exhaust off mine at the moment so I can send your a dimensioned sketch if it would help. Also the sketch in parts book (which covers 1909 to 1911) shows it the same as mine which I believe is an original. If you do not have a copy of the parts book, let me know and I will run a copy from mine.
        Incidentally I collected my reconditioned engine today. can't wait to assemble it and get the car running properly.
        David McCredie, Australia

        Notice:The information contained in this email message and any attached files may be confidential information, and may also be the subject of legal professional privilege. If you are not the intended recipient any use, disclosure or copying of this email is unauthorised. If you received this email in error, please notify the DEEWR Service Desk by calling (02) 6240 9999 and delete all copies of this transmission together with any attachments.