Tires for my 1911 Model I

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 7, 2009
      For my 1911 Model I  I need a couple of tubes, one wheel runs flat every so often, and I have the impression that repairing the tube is not the right thing to do.
      I thought finding a new tube on the internet would be easy, but aparently 32" x 3 1/2" does not seem to be a popular size - I can't seem to find any.
      Can anybody help me out in this matter?
      Thanks.
      Tony.
    • Charlie Tosch
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 7, 2009
        Tony,

        Have you contacted either Coker Tire or Universal Tire to see if they can help you with a tube that will fit?

        Charlie Tosch
        Brandon, Manitoba
      • douglas.tomb@oracle.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 7, 2009
          Tony,
              32" X 3 1/2" is a 25 inch tire.  Just multiply the 3 1/2 by 2 = 7.  Subtract 7 from 32 = 25.  You need a 25" tube and tire flap.  I use 33 X 4 tires on my 1909 Buick.  They use a 25" tube and tire.  (4 X 2 = 8;  33 - 8 = 25")

          Thanks, Doug Tomb, Virginia.

        • todd.manoff@chancemorgan.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 7, 2009
            Hi Tony,
            I also own a 1911 Model I. Your tires, 32x3 1/2 (25" wheels) are just a smaller profile of the 33x4 like I run on my car (25" wheels). So what you need are 25" tubes, these are available from Coker at $29.95 ea metal stem, or $24.95 in rubber stem. Curious as to where your located? Would like to hear a little more info about your car.
            Best regards,
            Todd Manoff
            Santa Cruz, ca

            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

            From: Tony
            Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 18:43:39 +0200
            To: <maxwellbriscoeowners@yahoogroups.com>

            For my 1911 Model I  I need a couple of tubes, one wheel runs flat every so often, and I have the impression that repairing the tube is not the right thing to do.
            I thought finding a new tube on the internet would be easy, but aparently 32" x 3 1/2" does not seem to be a popular size - I can't seem to find any.
            Can anybody help me out in this matter?
            Thanks.
            Tony.

            If this email is spam, report it here:
            http://www.OnlyMyEmail.com/ReportSpam
          • Tony
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 7, 2009
            • 94 KB
            Thank you Charly, Doug and Todd, you all helped me out very well, and I'm sure I"ll find what I need.
            And Todd,  I live in Belgium and I have this car for about 11 years. but I have no previous history of the car.
            Several years ago I launched a request on this same Maxwell Owner's group to find out if anyone had ever known this car before, aparently it had been spotted for sale in Hershey some fifteen years ago by a belgian visitor.
            On the other hand, the man I bought it from, used to import cars from Australia, so it may have come from there too.
            I add a picture of it, so if anyone ever saw this car, or knows anything of it's previous history, please let me know.
            Greetings from Belgium
            Tony De Muynck

            Message 6 of 7 , Jul 7, 2009
              Hello Tony,
              Thanks for the info on your Model I. I am always interested in meeting and hearing about other Model I's that are still around. I know of three others besides mine (and now yours) two are restored (one Green, other Red), and one still in pieces. I am on my phone today, but will see if I can see the photo when I get back on the PC.
              May I ask what the serial number is of your car? It would also be interesting to know the type and # of your lights.
              My car is #1898 Model I-3,. #32 Maxwell headlamps, #12 Maxwell side lamps. Merle and I figured my Maxwell tail lamp is actually earlier than '11, correct one for '11 is a #4, I believe.
              Best regards,
              Todd
              Santa Cruz

              Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

              Message 7 of 7 , Jul 8, 2009
                Hello:
                    Tony apparently now has all the information he needs on tires, and we do have him and his Maxwell listed in the registry.  But Todd Manoff I cannot find listed.  If you would contact me, we would like to have you and your Model I listed in the Maxwell Registry.  Many thanks.  Vern Campbell.  dvcampbell@....