AB Ignition Timing

  • Chuck Richardson
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2009
      I only get about 20 degrees of spark advance on my Splitdorf H and the linkage to the steering wheel. Is this standard?

      I run the car off of a battery, using the points in the mag. I have retard set to just past TDC.

      Does anyone run with more advance?

      Thanks

      Chuck Richardson
    • Howard Hodson
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 26, 2009
        Chuck

        I asked myself exactly the same question the other week. I advanced the timing one tooth to see what happens if I used more advance. I then ran the car up and down a local test "hill". I also messed with the fuel mixture in case that might have needed resetting. I didn't find any advantage in more advance. Maybe others could comment?

        Howard Hodson
        Cambridge UK