Gaskets for valve covers

  • JIm Dix
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2004
      Anyone know the size of the gasket to use between the cylinder jug
      and the valve cover? I have one leaking and I'd like to have one
      available before I make things worse.
      I'm guessing it is a crush washer (like an old spark plug washer) or
      possibly a solid copper washer. Source?
      Thanx,
      Jim
    • Jim Dix
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2004
        1910 AA, Sorry.
        Jim

        Anyone know the size of the gasket to use between the cylinder jug
        and the valve cover? I have one leaking and I'd like to have one
        available before I make things worse.
        I'm guessing it is a crush washer (like an old spark plug washer) or
        possibly a solid copper washer. Source?
        Thanx,
        Jim

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Bob Benz
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2004
          Jim:
          I don't know the size, But the important thing is to be sure the ID JUST
          fits over the threads. If the ID is too large, you'll warp the flange.
          I did use a modern crush exhaust gasket, but can't find the numbers.

          Bob Benz

          JIm Dix wrote:

          > Anyone know the size of the gasket to use between the cylinder jug
          > and the valve cover? I have one leaking and I'd like to have one
          > available before I make things worse.
          > I'm guessing it is a crush washer (like an old spark plug washer) or
          > possibly a solid copper washer. Source?
          > Thanx,
          > Jim
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Leroy Francies
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2004
            Mine is a 5" X 5" so they may be bigger. Mine are 2 1/8" ID by 2 3/8"
            I use copper crush port gaskets, the are copper wrapped, asbestos
            like material. I got mine from Restoration Supply they had about 50
            sizes and 18 pages of other restoration items.
            www.restorationstuff.com they have changed hands so if the don't
            have them you could try an aircraft supply as they use crush gaskets
            in aircraft engines. Leroy Francies